We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rehoboth Beach for July of 2008

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Rehoboth Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Brunswick...
reviews: 13
Rehoboth Beach for July of 2008

Has anyone a comment on SANIBEL VILLAGE/EAGLE's LANDING CONDOS?? Looking for a condo, small house within a mile to beach. Pool would be great, not too expensive, since I plan on being at the beach most of the time. Any suggestions on places to eat, grocery shop, and how is the parking? Thanks, Mary D. of NJ

Southeastern...
reviews: 59
1. Re: Rehoboth Beach for July of 2008

Don't know anything about Sanibel Village, except I think it's more like 1.5 miles to the beach.

You'd be very close to Big Fish Grill, which is always "Best Seafood Downstate" in Readers' Choice voting. The town of Rehoboth is full of fabulous restaurants; two miles south, Dewey Beach's bars/restaurants rock all summer. Route 1 has a lot of the familiar chains like Ruby Tuesday, Bob Evans, Outback, Cracker Barrel, Friendly's, etc. Rehoboth Diner is open 24 hours and has reliably good food.

Closest grocery store is Giant, a few miles north on Route 1. There's also a Safeway, Food Lion, and Superfresh. I like Giant because of the quality & selection, and if you live elsewhere they'll give you the "member discount" price even if you don't have one of their cards.

Southeastern...
reviews: 59
2. Re: Rehoboth Beach for July of 2008

Clarification: I happen to be in Dewey now, and realized when I drived by that it's a Super G, not Giant, that's closest to Sanibel. It's Giant in other states, but for some weird reason in DE it has to be called Super G. Still a very nice grocery store.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
reviews: 34
3. Re: Rehoboth Beach for July of 2008

Eagle's Landing complex is a little older than Sanibel but both are nice. They are "on the highway" and NOT downtown. Getting to the beach might be an issue with traffic and parking. If you plan to spend most/all of each day at the beach, then you might want to find something downtown. I can recommend Patrician Towers or Star of the Sea.

There are no changing rooms or showers on the beach so you would have to change at home, go to beach, then go home to clean up before going out to dinner. If I were on vacation here and planned to spend my days on the beach, I would want to be as close as possible.

New York City, New...
reviews: 7
4. Re: Rehoboth Beach for July of 2008

Hi Maryd5,

Sanibel is just about the closest condominium/recreation association to the beaches without being in the city limits. If you are driving to the beach, it's 1.5 miles as someone posted. That's only because of the the turns in the roads. For the gulls, it's more like .75 mile.

Sanibel is part of Eagles Landing Recreaction Association, so it has 3 pools and 2 tennis courts to choose from in close proxity to one another.

The units range from 2 bed rooms one-level plans to 5 bed room two-level plans. I've been staying there for 8 seasons, and I know of others who have come for 5 and 6 years.

If you know Rehoboth, you may know where Big Fish Grill is on Rt.1 at Philips St. Sanibel Circle is the second right off of Philips St.

I hope that helps.

Tim

New York City, New...
reviews: 7
5. Re: Rehoboth Beach for July of 2008

Maryd5,

You can type 3700 Sanibel Circle into the map portion of Travel Advisor. It shows you just where Sanibel is.

Tim

6. Re: Rehoboth Beach for July of 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, October 03, 2009