We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bakery

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Dewey Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
maryland
reviews: 1
Bakery

Coming down the weekend of 9/27-9/29 with my husband & some friends. My husband's bday is that Sunday & I would like to surprise him with a cake. Are there any bakeries in Dewey and if so, do they do custom cakes? Is Rehoboth close by and if so do they have any bakeries? Thanks.

6 replies to this topic
Southeastern...
reviews: 55
1. Re: Bakery

No bakeries in Dewey that I'm aware of.

A lot of people are happy with the custom cakes from the local grocery stores: Giant, Safeway, and Superfresh. Those are out on Route 1. Closest to Dewey is Giant, farthest is Superfresh. There's also a Friendly's at the Walmart shopping center on Route 1; they have custom-decorated ice cream cakes.

Wilmington, DE
reviews: 28
2. Re: Bakery

Rehoboth and Dewey abut each other

Wilmington, DE
reviews: 28
3. Re: Bakery

This place is/was on REhoboth Ave just off Rt1. Very short drive from Dewey. Give them a call and see if they are still there

delawaretoday.com/Delaware-Today/…

maryland
4. Re: Bakery

Thanks!

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
reviews: 572
5. Re: Bakery

Hi,

We usually opt for one of the grocery store cakes (Food Lion, Safeway, Giant, Superfresh), but there are a few bakeries in nearby towns. Dewey doesn't have one that I know of.

Someone mentioned Pasqualini's and that is an option. There is also cake break in Rehoboth (cupcakes). The Bake Shoppe on Rehoboth Avenue does custom cakes (birthday, anniversary, etc). The Point Coffee House & Bake Shoppe in Rehoboth also does custom cakes (wedding, birthday, etc). The Lewes Bake Shoppe on second street might make cakes...not sure though. I've had other baked goods from there. Anabella's Italian Restaurant & Bakery in Lewes makes cupcakes. I'm pretty sure they do cakes too. Also the Touch of Italy bakery (at 5 points) in Lewes does custom cakes. If you want an ice cream/froyo creation cake, you can try TCBY in rehoboth or DQ in Lewes.

Hope this helps some.

Edited: 10:33 pm, September 18, 2013
maryland
6. Re: Bakery

Thank you so much! !! This was very helpful.

Reply to: Bakery
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dewey Beach