We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet friendly hotel ??

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Dewey Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Hampshire
reviews: 22
Pet friendly hotel ??

We're thinking of staying in the Rehoboth/Dewey area in mid-May and looking for a pet-friendly hotel. After checking a few websites & reading several reviews, we've narrowed it down to either Sea Esta III, Surf Club Oceanfront, Adams Oceanfront or Atlantis Inn. I think the Sea Esta was the only one with a private balcony, but it's on the bay instead of ocean but that's not a big deal.

Does anyone have an opinion about these accommodations?

Thanks so much.

Edited: 10:12 am, April 12, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
reviews: 242
1. Re: Pet friendly hotel ??

FYI~ The Atlantic Oceanside Suites location (Not the motel location) is also pet friendly. Great for pets, walking distance to the beach, and to the center of town (Dewey Beach).Most Suites/Rooms also have full kitchens! We have stayed there many, many times and recommend it highly, for all pet/dog owners!

http://www.atlanticoceanside.com/

New Hampshire
2. Re: Pet friendly hotel ??

THanks larilu for responding. The Atlantic Oceanside suites website was confusing. We stayed at the Atlantic Oceanside motel on our last trip and thought it was fine. Where are the suites? Are they oceanfront? We wanted a place with an ocean view.

Are you familiar with any of the places I mentioned before?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
reviews: 242
3. Re: Pet friendly hotel ??

The suites are approx. 4-5 blocks NORTH of the motel on the same road (Coastal Highway/Route 1), Unfortunately not oceanfront, however a short walk thru residential side streets to the beach. The Suites are much nicer & newer than the motel rooms, both in terms of size, amenities, and location! There are also grills outside in the courtyard, as well as tables and chairs to relax during the evening. Rite next door is a farm stand/market, (Fifer Orchards), great for breakfast, lunch, fresh fruit, etc....Plenty of grass areas nearby to walk dogs. Note, while it is a long walk, we have walked to Rehoboth Beach from here! We have stayed at the Sea Esta IV, and were happy, but it is a very basic motel room. All of the Sea Esta Motels are Clean, but basic acommodations, useful & functional.Friends of ours have stayed at Adams Oceanfront(with their dogs), and had no issues and were happy there, except for the stairs to their unit, so they now stay with us at The Atlantic Oceanside Suites as they prefer a ground floor room. We spend a week there every year ( over 10+ years now!) during October for our Annual Greyhounds Reach the Beach Event. I hope I was of some help, if I can help further (dog friendly places/restaurants, etc....) please let me know.

New Hampshire
4. Re: Pet friendly hotel ??

Thanks for all the info. Think we're going to stay at Adams Oceanfront because we really want to be right on the water. There's just the 2 of us and the dog for 4 nights so we really don't need a full suite and kitchen. If we stay on the 2nd floor that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

We're retired so think I'll wait until there's a stretch of good weather in May (thinking around the 19-24) and then make the reservation. I'm thinking that is still a quiet time down there hopefully.

Weather here in NH has been cool so looking forward to going "south".

My husband is a home brewer so we plan to visit the Dogfish Head Brew Pub for at least a few nights.

What other restaurants would you suggest?

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 28
5. Re: Pet friendly hotel ??

Your hubby would probably enjoy the Dogfish brewery tour; their brewery is in nearby Milton (about a 20-25 min. drive). There's also 16 Mile in Georgetown, similar drive, but if you can only do one, do Dogfish, well worth the drive. Reservations recommended.

Check the restaurant reviews and ratings here for whatever kind of dining you're wanting. Rehoboth and Dewey have a wide selection, everything from pizza and subs to very upscale "foodie." They're also both relatively "pooch friendly."

New Hampshire
6. Re: Pet friendly hotel ??

Daddio, thanks for the info on 16 Mile Brewery-we've never heard of it and sounds interesting. We have been to the Dogfish brewery in Milton--very nice, clean & modern.

Do they really have pooch friendly restaurants in Rehoboth & Dewey?

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 28
7. Re: Pet friendly hotel ??

Absolutely. Not only that, but a lot of merchants put food and water by their entrances.

Here's a website you might enjoy, for all destinations:

www.bringfido.com

8. Re: Pet friendly hotel ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Dewey Beach
Recent Conversations