We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Bethany Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
reviews: 34
Breakfast

Well, well, well. Where do I start?

First, Penguin Diner requires you ro order at the counter. I guess they can't afford the waitresses.

Next, Baja, same thing. Plus you can't have eggs other than omelet format.

Next, Frogs. Lineup, surly hostess, and the place stinks. It's possible the carpet hasn't been cleaned since whenever they opened.

Finally the cafe in that little covered area on the way to the beach, at the end of the street. A barely coherent woman hosts you, with virtually no command of the English language. The orange juice is advertised as 'freshly squeezed'. She brings tow plastic bottles. What's this? The label says 'freshly squeezed', that is the name of the juice!

I order coffee. She asks me if I want cream. She brings me the coffee with cream in it. Apparently, she doesn't trust me to put cream in my own coffee.

We order over easy eggs. It takes a while to explain this to her. We then as for toast. She looks at my girlfriend as if she just ordered caviar. My girlfriend at this point thinks we are part of some hidden camera joke.

The eggs come cooked through. Toast with no butter.

I have to get up after we're done to ask for the bill. The other girl behind the counter asks how breakfast was? I told her the eggs were overcooked, the juice was not freshly squeezed but still cost 3.75, and I got no butter. 'Did you ask for butter?' 'Just give me the effin check!'

This is not civilization. When you are forced to line up in a dingy-carpeted restaurant, line up to order your food, eat out of plastic or paper plates, drink out of plastic cups, eat crap and pay good money for it, you have no civilization.

Also, if you wanna use credit card to pay the parking meter, you are slugged a minimum of 3.25, or over 2 hours. Or feed the beast one quarter at a time. I seriously thought I had entered another dimension to another planet or some sort of twilight zone.

olney, md
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
reviews: 8
1. Re: Breakfast

Go to Ocean View diner--not fancy--out rt 26 about two miles but sit down service and free parking!

Ottawa
reviews: 34
2. Re: Breakfast

Thanks for the tip. I don't want fancy anyway, for breakfast. We could have pushed to the IHOP or Friendly's, but too darn hungry. We probably should have gone to the Cottage Cafe on the highway, but it looked packed.

3. Re: Breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 14, 2013