We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel at Mohegan Sun or MGM?

In cooperation with: Connecticut Office of Tourism
Which Uncasville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fall River...
reviews: 1
Hotel at Mohegan Sun or MGM?

I have stayed at the MGM hotel in foxwoods and really liked it, but i hear the mohegan sun is really pretty but i am nervous to book a room there since I have no idea what the rooms are like. Has anyone ever stayed at both properties and what did you think was better?

4 replies to this topic
Boston...
reviews: 4
1. Re: Hotel at Mohegan Sun or MGM?

As much as I like Mohegan, I'd give the edge in rooms to MGM simply because they are newer. They're about the same size, with the same amenities, so I'd let price be the deciding factor. Unless you're getting an offer through the player's club, Mohegan tends to be crazy overpriced. I think the most I've paid for an MGM room was $69 and that was a Saturday night.

Hope that helps.

Fall River...
2. Re: Hotel at Mohegan Sun or MGM?

they are both around the same price, 140 a night, which isnt bad. I was a little concerned about the issue with bed bugs mohegan has had in the past as well.

New Haven...
3. Re: Hotel at Mohegan Sun or MGM?

We have stayed at Mohegan several times. Always very clean when we get into the room. Never any bug problems. Wonderful view of the river. Saw a Bald Eagle flying during our last stay (bring binoculars if you plan to sight-see from the room). Tip: You can have a small fridge delivered to your room for free. Just ask when you check in. Coffee maker and coffee in room. Free wifi in room.

We only stayed at Two Trees at Foxwoods so I cannot comment on MGM rooms.

Bob

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
reviews: 66
4. Re: Hotel at Mohegan Sun or MGM?

MGM and Foxwoods is much better.

Reply to: Hotel at Mohegan Sun or MGM?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted