We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stamford to LGA

In cooperation with: Connecticut Office of Tourism
Which Stamford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stamford to LGA

Hi All,

I have a flight that leaves from LGA tomorrow at 1pm.

What is the best route for me to get to LGA from Stamford CT?

I'd like to be at the airport by no later than 11:00AM. I plan on taking the metro north to Grand Central.. but after that I'm not sure if I should take a taxi or bus.. I'd prefer the cheapest route.

Thanks in advance!

Norwalk, Connecticut
reviews: 68
1. Re: Stamford to LGA

You would of been better to take a limo to the Airport.

The method your using can have many pitfalls --make sure you leave extra earl\y in order to secure the leg from there to the airport,

There are trains and buses to LGA............but I have never personally taken ANY of them.

You might try and call for a limo to pick you up at Grand Central to LGA.

Good Luck and safe travel to you.

Connecticut
reviews: 35
2. Re: Stamford to LGA

I agree with the other poster that there are a lot of hassles taking public transportation, but . . .

From Metro-North, you take the No. 7 subway (at Grand Central), Flushing bound, to 82nd Street in Jackson Heights. At the 82nd Street, look for the Q33 bus stop, which goes out to Laguardia.

So, counting backward . . . the Q33 takes about 20 minutes to get to Laguardia. They are schedule every 15 minutes or so. The No. 7 ride is about 20 minutes. Those trains come about every 10 minutes. And you can see from a Metro-North schedule how long that train ride would be.

Minneapolis, MN
reviews: 48
3. Re: Stamford to LGA

Outside of Grand Central there is a regular shuttle bus to LGA, just ask anyone at an information counter. Also after you pay one of the guys for your ticket, be sure to count your change. If you give $10 for a $6 ticket, you may get $2 back and you may not notice it till you get on the bus. If you ask him, he'll say 'oh, the $2 was for a tip' - just give it right back to him as if you live in NYC: 'you give me my money and I'll decide on any tip thank you very much' (actually it's $10 now - http://www.nyairportservice.com/)

The shuttle bus is way easier than the subway + bus combo but that combo might be the cheapest route. The scheduled shuttle time is 1 hr. or 1.5 hrs. at rush hour - see web site.

4. Re: Stamford to LGA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 05, 2013