We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling from plymouth, ma to West 57th st. NY

In cooperation with: Connecticut Office of Tourism
Which Stamford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Duxbury...
reviews: 8
travelling from plymouth, ma to West 57th st. NY

We are planning on driving to New Haven or Stamford. Can anyone tell me if a train will take us from either place to West 57th street?

Where would I park for each one? What are the chances of the lot being full if we arrive around 11? Is it a safe place to park? How far to walk from the lot to each station? What is the cost to park? What is the train fare from each place?

Thanks for your answers to these questions.

Jean

Stamford...
reviews: 4
1. Re: travelling from plymouth, ma to West 57th st. NY

From either New Haven or Stamford you would take a Metro North train to Grand Central Terminal in NYC. I would look at Hopstop.com to find the best route from there to the exact address you're going to.

I don't know about New Haven, but there's a large garage at the Stamford train station. You would park there and cross the street.

Duxbury...
2. Re: travelling from plymouth, ma to West 57th st. NY

Thank you.

Duxbury...
3. Re: travelling from plymouth, ma to West 57th st. NY

Would you say it was a safe area? Does it fill up quickly? What is the cost?

Stamford...
reviews: 4
4. Re: travelling from plymouth, ma to West 57th st. NY

I have no idea how much it costs because we've been driving in lately. It used to be somewhere around $10, & would be more now. You can call them at (203) 327-7998. You can ask them while they're on the phone if the lot fills up. Didn't use to, because it's a big garage, but I've usually gone in earlier than eleven.

Ellington...
reviews: 96
5. Re: travelling from plymouth, ma to West 57th st. NY

Parking in New Haven is also plentiful and safe in a big garage for around $12 a day.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 60
6. Re: travelling from plymouth, ma to West 57th st. NY

Stamford is where we park and take the metro into the city yes its safe.

7. Re: travelling from plymouth, ma to West 57th st. NY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 30, 2012