We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to town for an overnight, looking for things to do!

In cooperation with: Connecticut Office of Tourism
Which Norwalk hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Waverly, NY
Coming to town for an overnight, looking for things to do!

My friends and I are coming to Norwalk April 29th for an overnight and are looking for ideas on things to check out. We're 25, 27, 29, and 36. Two boys, two girls. We like antiques, all kinds of music, and can't wait to take pics on the beach! I read about some sort of ferry ride to a lighthouse, was wondering details on that. Also, we are looking for somewhere nice to eat, but not expensive. We don't mind loud places, just not overcrowded ones (as it will be a Friday night so I know popular places will be busy). Two of the people are gay. so any gay-friendly attractions would be cool as well. Any advice would be awesome, thanks! Willing to travel a few mile radius for something worth checking out.

3 replies to this topic
Brewster, New York
reviews: 25
1. Re: Coming to town for an overnight, looking for things to do!

The Maritime Aquarium is great....for all ages! http://www.maritimeaquarium.org/home.html

The Sheffield Island and Lighthouse Tours http://www.seaport.org/

About Gay bars/clubs gayconnecticutrealestate.com/gay-connecticut… (Norwalk is located in Fairfield County, CT)

The SoNo (South Norwalk) area of Norwalk has become well known for it's cafes, galleries, shops, interesting little things to see kinda place. You should do some Googling about what it has to offer you.

And would you believe that the #1 thing to see in Norwalk, even per Trip Advisor!, is a grocery store called Stew Leonards! It's a one of a kind place, believe me, but can be crowded on weekend.

Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
reviews: 41
2. Re: Coming to town for an overnight, looking for things to do!

Your best bet for eating and nightlife would be to head down to South Norwalk - O'Neills and Black Bear always have live bands on weekends, sometimes Loft - It's a spot that you can walk and wander in and out of what looks good -

Also check out Chocopologie for breakfast or coffee and treats -

I think the nearest out and out gay club would be Danbury - but it's a fairly eclectic, artsy town.

Norwalk, CT
reviews: 142
3. Re: Coming to town for an overnight, looking for things to do!

The aquarium.

Reply to: Coming to town for an overnight, looking for things to do!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted