We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premium Outlet

In cooperation with: Connecticut Office of Tourism
Which New Haven hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 9
Premium Outlet

Hi,

My son (18 yrs old) is doing a summer internship in Yale University which started 2 weeks ago. Besides the museums, he's also interested to visit some factory/premium outlets during the weekend but he does not drive. Is there any good outlet that he can visit using public transport?

Would appreciate any advice. Thank you.

Connecticut
reviews: 93
1. Re: Premium Outlet

The closest outlets would be the Clinton Crossings www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp…

The website does say from New Haven you can take ShoreLine East to Old Saybrook then a shuttle to the center. premiumoutlets.com/outlets/directions.asp…

I am not sure how "easy" that is or how often the trains/buses run. We really do not have good mass transit like other countries. Maybe someone else will pipe in with more information. I think this would be hard especially for an 18 yr old who is not familiar with the area.

Norwalk, Connecticut
reviews: 68
2. Re: Premium Outlet

premiumoutlets.com/outlets/directions.asp…

Won't be a problem !

Edited: 3:14 pm, June 29, 2013
Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 13
3. Re: Premium Outlet

IMO the outlets aren't always the best bargain... Macys at the Milford Post Mall (just a short bus ride away) practically has weekly one day sales and all he needs to do is pickup the paper (the New Haven Register) for coupons that usually offer 15%+ off the sale prices and offers name brand clothing, housewares and more; Kohls another chain dept store offers good prices, you just have to wait for a sale; Target also offers some good deals... for furniture, everyone goes to IKEA for quality and low prices; Walmart is a huge savings for the basics, cleaning products and more... living in New Haven for 35+ years, food is probably the biggest expense with so many great restaurants and gourmet specialty markets.

Singapore
reviews: 9
4. Re: Premium Outlet

Dear Sunryz, Wantotrav & JNSgraphic,

The information given is really helpful. Thank you so much!!

Connecticut
reviews: 93
5. Re: Premium Outlet

I agree with JNSgraphic... The "outlets" are expensive.. you find better deals at the mall and larger chain stores.

6. Re: Premium Outlet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 02, 2014