We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mystic to Boston daily commute?

In cooperation with: Connecticut Office of Tourism
Which Mystic hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fleafly2
Mystic to Boston daily commute?

Hi folks,

Would it be easy to commute from Mystic to Boston each day? I've a job lined up in Boston but want to be near my relatives who live in Old Saybrook. I've gotten Amtrak trains and they seem pretty swift but that would probably be a bit expensive 5 days a week. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

David

Boston...
reviews: 4
1. Re: Mystic to Boston daily commute?

The 2 cities are about 100 miles apart, not really convenient for commuting. Even the train would be very time consuming, not to mention pricey. You could split the difference and live near Providence, maybe?

Fleafly2
2. Re: Mystic to Boston daily commute?

Thanks very much for your response. I was thinking it might be a bit too far alright. I liked Mystic a lot when I stayed there. Not sure what Providence is like but will look into it. Many thanks.

CT
reviews: 2
3. Re: Mystic to Boston daily commute?

You are better off moving into Massachusett near the RI border and visiting family on your days off. I used to commute 60 miles one way and it puts a toll on you and your car after a while. Good luck with your new job.

Stonington, CT
reviews: 14
4. Re: Mystic to Boston daily commute?

Yep, one of the great things about the Mystic/Stonington area is that it's too far away from both Boston and NYC for a daily commute! Another alternative to those mentioned above would be to adjust your job (if possible!) to 4 days a week and split your week between places. Some folks do that so they can raise their families here and still work in Manhattan.

5. Re: Mystic to Boston daily commute?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 17, 2010