We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denver to Winter Park over Martin Luther King Weekend????

Which Winter Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Black Hills, SD
Denver to Winter Park over Martin Luther King Weekend????

Hi, My friends and I are taking a road trip over Martin Luther King Weekend. We will get to Winter Park, CO early saturday morning and ski all day, and then would like to drive to Denver (probably at around 4 or 5 pm). Has anyone made this drive last year or have a good theory on how bad the traffic will be (how many hours?) Once again, we will be traveling to Denver from Winter Park on Saturday, January 13th. Then on sunday morning we will be traveling back to Winter Park again from Denver. Any advice on how bad the traffic will be would be greatly appreciated. We also have the option of staying in Fraser, but would rather stay in Denver because we have a lot of friends there.

Thanks,

Chuck Davis

Grand Lake, Colorado
reviews: 1
1. Re: Denver to Winter Park over Martin Luther King Weekend????

Not sure about traffic, but you might want to check out road conditions. Seeing what kind of vehicle you have you may need chains for your car. In order to get to, and from winter park you have to go over berthoud pass, which sometimes closes due to the weather. The drive to and from denver will take about an hour and a half to two hours. I would stay in fraser if i were you, and have your friends come up to visit!

Hope this helps some!

Aspen, CO
reviews: 5
2. Re: Denver to Winter Park over Martin Luther King Weekend????

The traffic will be bad...there's really no way around that. Weekend traffic can be heavy going from the front range resorts back to Denver on the weekend anyway, and especially on holidays. That being said, it's not going to be SO bad that I wouldn't make the trip, but you should have your expectations in place that it will take much longer. If weather moves in, that can add even further to the time. Maybe stay Saturday night in the mountains? Then you've cut out one of the roundtrips.

Black Hills, SD
3. Re: Denver to Winter Park over Martin Luther King Weekend????

Awesome, thanks for your help guys.

4. Re: Denver to Winter Park over Martin Luther King Weekend????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 20, 2009