We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking to Snow in July

Which Winter Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Hiking to Snow in July

I'm not sure if anyone looks at this board but.....I have 4 kids (ages 5-10). We want to hike to some snow. Are there any easy trail that would get us to some snow in early July? Thank you for any suggestions.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
19,326 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: Hiking to Snow in July

I would drive up to the top of Trail Ridge Road to the Alpine Visitor Center in Rocky Mtn NP. There most likely will be some snow there to see and/or play in. www.nps.gov/romo/photosmultimedia/webcams.htm

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
13,262 posts
281 reviews
2. Re: Hiking to Snow in July

As noted, Trail Ridge Road is a good possibility. Another would be Loveland Pass, which is a bit west of Winter Park on US6 off I-70 at the tunnels. I was just through the area last week and have to say, not much at all for snow. This was a pretty low snow year and temps have been super warm. So it might be a bit challenging this year in July.

Good luck.

3. Re: Hiking to Snow in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 06, 2014