We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casual Dinner for Foodies

Which Winter Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Missouri
reviews: 245
Casual Dinner for Foodies

We will be touring Colorado in July on our motorcycle and will be in Winter Park for 1 night - a Thursday night.

We consider ourselves foodies and appreciate fine food and wine. However, since we will be on the motorcycle, our attire will be casual for the trip and we are looking for the best food that we can enjoy while in our jeans.

I've read the reviews but they do not address attire. Your suggestions are appreciated.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 51
1. Re: Casual Dinner for Foodies

First anyplace in Winter Park you will be welcome as long as you are clothed. Doesn't matter the clothes.

Second I have not really had a memorable meal in WP, good but not great. Deno's was always our go to place.

http://denoswp.com/

I have heard good things about Devils Thumb Ranch but have never been

devilsthumbranch.com/index.cfm/…10231

Edited: 6:29 pm, May 13, 2013
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 202
2. Re: Casual Dinner for Foodies

Without question, checkout the Tabernash Tavern in nearby Tabernash. Definitely a foodie destination in an old tavern. Very well done. Food outstanding. You'll be a perfect fit when you ride into town.

Have fun.

Steamboat Springs...
reviews: 19
3. Re: Casual Dinner for Foodies

Fontenots is my choice in Winter Park. Always happy with lunch or dinner.

http://www.fontenotswp.com/

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
reviews: 88
4. Re: Casual Dinner for Foodies

I've eaten at Fontenot's every time I've been in Winter Park. Food is okay but not what I would call a "foodies" type of place.

vtxriders, I've seen your other similar posts for some other mountain towns. While there are certainly exceptions (especially in some of the "ritzy" resort areas), you're not going to find exceptional gourmet food in many of the places you listed. A tasty (and hearty) meal would be your best bet.

Peoria, Illinois
5. Re: Casual Dinner for Foodies

Start with happy hour drinks and appetizers from 4-6pm at Heck's at Devils Thumb Ranch. Then enjoy dinner at their Ranch House Restaurant.

6. Re: Casual Dinner for Foodies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 22, 2014