We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fraser Crossing/Founders Pointe for spring break/family of 4

Which Winter Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas
Fraser Crossing/Founders Pointe for spring break/family of 4

We are a Dallas, TX family of four (kids ages 12 and 15). After driving last year from our cabin in Estes Park to ski Eldora, we are excited to book our first "official ski trip" (5 nights/4 days) to CO for spring break. We plan on driving and think ski in/ski out would be ideal. Winter Park surfaced as a good (perhaps less crowded/less expensive?) destination, and Fraser Crossing/Founders Pointe looks great....we are very interested! My question is this: Most folks in Dallas flock to Beaver Creek and Breckenridge, and we've not heard of many who go to Winter Park. My husband and I feel that, for the money, it seems that we will get a MUCH lower cost vacation by going to Winter Park, and still enjoy great skiing and great ski in/ski out lodging here at Fraser Crossing/Founders Pointe. Can anyone chime in with their thoughts? Would we be remiss not to price out options on Breck and other "more popular" areas? We care nothing for "status" destination and high end shopping...just nice accommodations, good skiiing and beautiful scenery :)

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 242
1. Re: Fraser Crossing/Founders Pointe for spring break/family of 4

You'll get a lot more for your money. The village at Winter Park is far smaller than Beaver Creek or Breckenridge and much more intimate. You'll find it perfect for your family. Your property of choice is excellent. You won't regret it at all.

Have fun.

Dallas
2. Re: Fraser Crossing/Founders Pointe for spring break/family of 4

@TumbleweedandCactus--thank you!! Very confirming :))

Edited: 9:52 pm, December 08, 2012
O'Fallon, MO
reviews: 14
3. Re: Fraser Crossing/Founders Pointe for spring break/family of 4

We've spent many spring breaks with our family at Winter Park and have always had a great time. IMO, it's definitely less costly than other resorts. We too are headed to Founders Pointe for a long weekend in February. We've not taken a ski trip in quite some time and I can't wait, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Dallas
4. Re: Fraser Crossing/Founders Pointe for spring break/family of 4

@bhami--happy for you, yay! And thank you so much for your feedback! I'm planning to book our trip tomorrow :) !

Indianapolis...
reviews: 17
5. Re: Fraser Crossing/Founders Pointe for spring break/family of 4

I would like to go skiing at WP with my teenager during our spring break too near the end of March. This will be our first trip to WP and we are wondering how easy it would be to get around there without renting a car - we heard that driving can be tricky on the mountains. We will fly to DIA and are thinking of taking an airport shuttle to WP. I looked up briefly and found that the airport shuttles can be quite expensive. Are there more reasonable options? It seems that once in WP there is a free shuttle so it should not be difficult to go about the town and go to different restaurants, correct? How big is the town anyway? Advice and tips will be greatly appreciated.

Edited: 7:44 pm, January 06, 2013
Nederland, Colorado
reviews: 11
6. Re: Fraser Crossing/Founders Pointe for spring break/family of 4

qpwo proper forum etiquette would be to start your own topic so as not to confuse the replies to the original poster who may have opted to receive email notifications when replies are posted to "their" topic.

Please go to the forum’s main page where you found this topic and click on the orange "Ask a question" button. You can then post your own questions and receive replies.

Olathe, Kansas
7. Re: Fraser Crossing/Founders Pointe for spring break/family of 4

I have been to WP several times in the past. Last year we took our kids to Beavercreek because of a conference there. It was very expensive. We are staying at Founders Point in a couple of weeks with our 3 kids and can't wait! I think you made an excellent choice!

Dallas
8. Re: Fraser Crossing/Founders Pointe for spring break/family of 4

@bhami--happy for you, yay! And thank you so much for your feedback! I'm planning to book our trip tomorrow :) !

@kyleL--that is great to hear! Thanks for the feedback, and we have booked our WP spring break trip, staying at Frasers Crossing...SO excited!!

9. Re: Fraser Crossing/Founders Pointe for spring break/family of 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 19, 2014