We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zephyr Lodge or Iron Horse?

Which Winter Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glencoe, Illinois
reviews: 18
Zephyr Lodge or Iron Horse?

All,

Planning the family Ski trip to Winter Park and I was wondering in anyone has ever stayed at the Iron Horse resort? I'm trying to make a decision between staying there or at the Zephyr Lodge. I suspect the Zephyr is nicer sinec it is relatively new. There's a couple hundred dollar a day difference betweeen the two resorts.

Any insights would be appreciated,

Regards,

Jim

Ouray, Colorado
reviews: 34
1. Re: Zephyr Lodge or Iron Horse?

I haven't stayed at either lodge, seeing if you move up you get more info.

2. Re: Zephyr Lodge or Iron Horse?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:36 am, September 15, 2009
Baton Rouge...
reviews: 7
3. Re: Zephyr Lodge or Iron Horse?

Hi Jim,

Sorry if I'm too late with this reply. Have never stayed at Zephyr but we did stay at Iron Horse a few years ago. It's very near Zephyr and looked to be a little older, at least on the outside. We were very pleased with the property. It was as depicted on website. The only negative was their advertising of ski in/out. Definitely was a ski-out (very little pushing, in fact, the run takes you behind Zephyr property down to lift just outside Zephyr) but ski-in could be a problem if you are not an advanced skier. Even if you are advanced, do not "scrub" any speed as you make your last turn toward the property, you've got a pretty steep hill to climb to your back door. Hope this helps, enjoy!! ~Terri

Glencoe, Illinois
reviews: 18
4. Re: Zephyr Lodge or Iron Horse?

Thanks Terri. That's exactly the info i was looking for. I've skied "Corona Way" before which i belive is the run that takes you to resort i just don't remeber seeing the Iron horse.

Jim

Fernandina Beach...
reviews: 10
5. Re: Zephyr Lodge or Iron Horse?

I will be staying at the Zephyr for the first time in Jan. But the friends we are going with swear by the Zephyr. We got a decent price on a two bedroom, mountain view room. I don't ski but they can just ski in/out and I can watch from the balcony.

6. Re: Zephyr Lodge or Iron Horse?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, May 07, 2010