We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vail International or Vantage Point Condo for Feb. 2007?

Which Vail hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
greenville, sc
reviews: 8
Vail International or Vantage Point Condo for Feb. 2007?

Hi!

I am trying to decide between Vail International or Vantage Point condo for early Feb. 2007. Both condos have similarly remodeled interiors so it is down to location.

Vail International is promoted at a 4 minute walk tolofts/gondola. Vantage Point seems a bit closer. My big question is which is truly a better location? I am interested in REAL walk time to Lionshead lift, Lionshead shops/dining and Vail Village. Are these walks on side walks or will I be off-roading it? Bottomline...which would you chose?

I appreciate your help and insight!

Colorado
reviews: 8
1. Re: Vail International or Vantage Point Condo for Feb. 2007?

It's Vail, there is no "off-roading".

Don't think you'd really want to walk btwn Lionshead and Vail Village, it's a decent distance apart.

coonabarabran
reviews: 18
2. Re: Vail International or Vantage Point Condo for Feb. 2007?

Vail INTL and Vantage Point are both old buildings and the quality of the condo is really down to the owner. I've been in some condos in each that are quite nice and others that are trash. Make sure you know what you are getting. Vail intl is down a bit from the center of lionshead and is probably a 5 minute walk to the lionshead center. Vantage point is closer, 2 minutes at most down the back steps at the parking structure.

Vail Village is a 1 mile walk from lionshead, but you can take the bus.

Vail, Colorado
reviews: 2
3. Re: Vail International or Vantage Point Condo for Feb. 2007?

Vantage Point is a higher rated complex with a much better location in the middle of Lionshead Village. Vail International is near the library and a bit more outdated. All things being equal Vantage Point is a better choice.

new york
4. Re: Vail International or Vantage Point Condo for Feb. 2007?

we just got back from Vail International and it was horrible. the unit we had was extremely outdated and run down. so much so that i am planning to send them a letter. The complex is a solid 5 minute walk to the lift in good weather, and other than the pool, jacuzzi and steam room they have no other services or amenities to offer. the staff was not very helpful either. I would never stay there again.

5. Re: Vail International or Vantage Point Condo for Feb. 2007?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, August 18, 2009