We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vail Locations

Which Vail hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Joseph...
1 post
Vail Locations

I'm looking for a VRBO house to stay that would be ski in/ski out in Vail. Was wondering which location would be best for that? I understand that the villages are at least a 10 minute drive away from the mountain. Looking for suggestions.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,941 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: Vail Locations

What villages are 10 minutes away from the hill?

Vail Village and Lionshead are right at the lifts.

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Vail Locations

The Village and Lionshead are where the lifts are, there may be some homes that are a 10 minute walk in ski boots but even that would be a very slow walk.

Nashville TN
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Vail Locations

Don't stay at the condos at the golf course if you expect to have bus service to lifts. I stayed there Dec 14-16 and had a HORRIBLE experience with the bus service. They have times posted at the bus stops that are LIES. If you aren't going to to come with in an HOUR of your posted bus times then DONT post the schedules. Vail should either quit providing bus service from the golf course or follow thru with the posted times (at least get within 15 minutes.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
4. Re: Vail Locations

Also Golden Peak area too. Here's an example tho you don't say how many in your party or what your budget is, which needs to be considerable.

5. Re: Vail Locations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 17, 2014