We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one year in telluride

Which Telluride hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
reviews: 19
one year in telluride

Planning on spending a year, what month would be the best to start? Thinking september 1so my daughter could start school on day one but I'm open to suggestions? Where is the best place to find a two bedroom rental? Prefer in town. If I bring my car do the rentals have parking? Could I survive without a car? Not planning on really traveling much

chicago
reviews: 19
11. Re: one year in telluride

im sure you are right ttown, if only i could find a job there : )

Colorado2TX
reviews: 1
12. Re: one year in telluride

Lived there for 13 years. The best time to move is now ish. June, July. The summer months are the most spectacular. If you move in September (ish) you will be moving right as the town quiets down and get gets cold and wintery without the ski area being open. And then you have the long winter and then another off season (april-may) before you get to enjoy the summer months. A car is not necessary. I drive there and park for a week, 10 days and never get back in till I am ready to leave. But it will be inconvenient. It depends if you like target and shopping or if you can live more bare bones or have lots of $ to spend on stuff that is 50% expensive because it is in telluride. Yes parking is available at most rentals. www.telluridenews.com and telluridewatch.com

Yo

Colorado
13. Re: one year in telluride

Yes, now is the best time to come as more rentals are open and the summer is a blast. Good luck and no, you don't need a car. You will make friends with someone who has one that will let you borrow or ride with them if you really have the need for a mega store in Montrose. Telluridenews.com is the best place to find a rental on line. Craigslist won't have much.

Good luck.

14. Re: one year in telluride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 17, 2014