We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Durango to Telluride

Which Telluride hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bodega, California
Transportation from Durango to Telluride

I too am looking for public transportation from Durango to Telluride. Is there a bus that might at least go to Ridgeway or from Cortez to Telluride? Where can I find local bus routes and schedules?

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 112
1. Re: Transportation from Durango to Telluride

There is no public transportation from Durango to Telluride or Ridgway at this time, that I know of. There are some shuttles, however. Here are two options, and there could be others: http://www.tellurideexpress.com/

http://mountain-limo.com/

The best way to get to Telluride without renting a car or taking a shuttle is to fly in. I believe that the shuttle from Montrose is the least expensive shuttle option.

tellurideskiresort.com/Tellski/info/airline-…

Greyhound Bus service was discontinued a few years ago to many of the smaller communities in Colorado...just not enough business to keep the routes from losing money.

Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 25
2. Re: Transportation from Durango to Telluride

My group is flying into DRO and renting an SUV. There are four of us and it makes the most economic sense.

I am wondering if anyone can tell me how driving is on US-160 or CO-145? Any passes or rough terrain? I drove from Denver to Steamboat a few years back and I remember there being only one pass and that the driving was a piece of cake.

telluride, co
3. Re: Transportation from Durango to Telluride

Hwy 160 to Mancos is a major 2 lane highway. Turn Right at Mancos on SR 184, then right again on 145. Lizard Head pass is 10,000 ft. but easy to cross except in snowy weather. Much less traffic than your trip to steamboat. BTW: more snow yesterday, a little more coming this week.

Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 25
4. Re: Transportation from Durango to Telluride

Great! Thanks for your response.

Montrose, Colorado
reviews: 10
5. Re: Transportation from Durango to Telluride

Also, check weather conditions just so you know what's going on. www.cotrip.org is the best place. I think the "Road Conditions" tab has the best info.

Stockholm, Sweden
6. Re: Transportation from Durango to Telluride

Hi !

I am also looking for tranportation from Durango to Telluride 15 march return 24 of march anyone going ?

7. Re: Transportation from Durango to Telluride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 06, 2014