We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Other activities in Telluride

Which Telluride hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
Other activities in Telluride

visiting there for the 1st time in a couple of weeks. The suggestions I have taken from this forum have been GREAT! Thanks

My question.. my knees can not take 4 straight days of skiing. Are there other activities in Telluride or areas near by to drive to? Just looking for something to do on the off day....

Montrose, Colorado
reviews: 10
1. Re: Other activities in Telluride

You could drive to Ouray and visit the hot springs. It's beautiful! The drive will take 45-60 minutes and take you through Ridgway. You can eat in Ouray or Ridgway. Both have a handful of great restaurants.

Also, you can snowshoe in Telluride. The ski resort has an option tellurideskiresort.com/Tellski/info/snowshoe…

Also, you can spa & shop in Telluride.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 106
2. Re: Other activities in Telluride

Absolutely visit Ouray for a soak in the Hot Springs, and watch for deer, elk, and eagles along the way.

Or,Depending on the weather and roads, you could drive southwest on hwy 145 over Lizard Head Pass and see Trout Lake, and maybe head on to Dolores to see the Anasazi Heritage Center if that interests you.

The Telluride Historical Museum has maps for a walking tour of the town.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
reviews: 23
3. Re: Other activities in Telluride

In between Ridgeway and Ouray there is a hot spring called Orvis Hotsprings. This is a clothing optional hot spring and therefore not at all for the shy or anyone with children. Most of the pools are outdoors and are a "natural" setting ie- rocks and stone rather than like a tile swimming pool. It can be very beautiful to be in the pools while it is snowing.

I have been there several times, tho not in a few years. I have seen people in swim suits or nude. I have always been with my husband - but have never encountered any "weirdness" or inappropriate actions there. Everyone pretty much keeps to themselves, keeps eyes averted and wraps up in large towels when between pools or buildings. Beach towels are provided when you enter or you can bring your own.

You can also schedule a massage (normal, nothing "extra")there.

Definitely not for everyone - but it deserves mentioning.

4. Re: Other activities in Telluride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 pm, October 20, 2009