We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Ski goggle lens color works best?

Which Steamboat Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
What Ski goggle lens color works best?

What color of goggle lens works best on a typical Steamboat day? Is it usually sunny or overcast? I currently have the Bolle Nova brand with what they call a citrus lens (orange tint). They recommend those for flat light conditions. Does it matter that much or should I invest in some new ones?

Colorado
reviews: 2
1. Re: What Ski goggle lens color works best?

That is tough to answer, as conditions change frequently on the mountains. If your goggles have swappable lenses, I'd recommend bringing your low light lenses, and also a lense for bright light. those orange lenses are great in flat light or snowy conditions, but not the best for the bright, sunny days Colorado is known for. If it is in your budget, I'd recommend also getting something for bright light conditions.

2. Re: What Ski goggle lens color works best?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 21, 2009