We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Telluride or Steamboat - help

Which Steamboat Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
reviews: 1
Telluride or Steamboat - help

Can't decide whether to visit Telluride or Steamboat next month.

We experienced Steamboat last December and stayed at One Steamboat Place - but no snow!

Curious to see if we would enjoy Steamboat or Telluride better in the summer.

We like top notch accommodations with full service amenities including ski in/ski out access.

Ultimately in search for a purchase of a vacation home or fractional interest.

Any thoughts?

Is there any other hotel/resort that provides same level or service/accommodations as One Steamboat Place??

7 replies to this topic
Steamboat Springs...
reviews: 82
1. Re: Telluride or Steamboat - help

One Steamboat Place is probably the top of the heap. Edgemont, just up the slope is another top property. Some of the Sherton tower condos can be very nice as are the Penthouse units at The Grand.

For Fractionals, one Steamboat is mega bucks. There are pretty many resales at The Grand, both 1/4 and 1/8 shares. Just down hill from the base is The Porches but you need to use their shuttle.

Cheers

Ankeny, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
reviews: 73
2. Re: Telluride or Steamboat - help

We have been going to Steamboat for about 7 years and finally bought last summer, I have never been to Telluride so I can't compare. For high end In Steamboat check out:

Edgemont- ski in/ski out- high end finishes

Antlers-ski in/ski out (other side of the mountain though access through BC Ski Way run) not been in this one

Porches not ski-in ski out but very high end with concierge service, fractional and whole ownership, we just toured last week huge residences (5000sq ft)

Trailhead has a private gondola to the ski area nice finishes

I have stayed in Trailhead & Edgemont and I toured Porches, not been to Antlers

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
reviews: 19
3. Re: Telluride or Steamboat - help

See my response to you on the Telluride Forum.

Charlotte, North...
reviews: 29
4. Re: Telluride or Steamboat - help

For a summer trip, id probably personally pick Telluride. Definitely more scenic. Ive been to both, but in winter. Telluride is spectacular.

Florida
5. Re: Telluride or Steamboat - help

Thanks for all your comments.

NicWill, how would you compare Telluride to SS in winter?

Conifer, Colorado
reviews: 7
6. Re: Telluride or Steamboat - help

I'm not Nic, but I've been to both, and frankly, in the winter I'd still go for Teluride. Amazing scenery, fantastic skiing, fun town. More on the high end generally. The one thing Steamboat has that Tel doesn't is the hot springs, which I love, but not enough to go fractional ownership there. SS is more "genuine" at this point though, as the % of movie stars and retired politicians is smaller.

Durango, Colorado
7. Re: Telluride or Steamboat - help

I can't really add anything about condo ownership, but I've spent a bit of time in both places. Both are wonderful, but Telluride is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. The San Juan Mtns. are very rugged and dramatic. Steamboat, although beautiful and an excellent ski mountain, is less of both and a bit more of a "tame" environment. Both are expensive. Telluride, maybe more so. I would visit both for as much time as possible before making a choice.

Reply to: Telluride or Steamboat - help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted