We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for Summer weekend visit, family lodging

Which Steamboat Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Advice for Summer weekend visit, family lodging

Looking for reasonably priced lodging in town or close by for a weekend in July. Will be going to the rodeo on Saturday night. Lots of family coming in to town for that weekend and will be staying downtown. I was thinking of a condo with a pool. Any advice appreciated. Also, does the local shuttle bus run in Summer from mountain area condo to town? Thanks

Edited: 1:19 pm, March 30, 2013
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Steamboat Springs
reviews: 29
1. Re: Advice for Summer weekend visit, family lodging

The free city bus runs year round. There are no condo options with pools downtown but the downtown hot springs is within walking distance of any of the downtown properties and will also be walking distance to the rodeo. If you need a pool, you will need to look at on mountain options and rely on the free city bus to get you downtown..

Boston...
2. Re: Advice for Summer weekend visit, family lodging

Thank you so much for the info. That is great about the bus! If you can recommend a condo complex that is reasonably priced, I would appreciate it. Thanks again.

Deerfield, Illinois
reviews: 129
3. Re: Advice for Summer weekend visit, family lodging

Rabbit Ears Motel. Directly across the street from the rec center and pools, .8 mile walk to library on the other end of downtown, walk to rodeo and Yampa core trail. Free city bus stops there. Not fancy, just good value with comfy beds, fridge, microwave, wifi, and a nice Natural Grocers store on the next block. The King and double queen rooms have balconies overlooking the river, woods, and trail.

Edited: 10:38 am, April 01, 2013
reviews: 5
4. Re: Advice for Summer weekend visit, family lodging

We are retired Aussies and wonder what the drive is like from Denver to Steamboat springs...3week of April. Would we get snow/ice at that time of year???

Thanks!

Boston...
5. Re: Advice for Summer weekend visit, family lodging

I think you should repost about the drive on the main steamboat forum. People won't see your question in my question. Good luck

Dublin, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
reviews: 76
6. Re: Advice for Summer weekend visit, family lodging

In response to driving question- 3-3.5 hours, yes snow and ice are possible.

reviews: 5
7. Re: Advice for Summer weekend visit, family lodging

Thanks, we will

Steamboat Springs...
reviews: 16
8. Re: Advice for Summer weekend visit, family lodging

You might have already booked by now, but we love Trappeur's Crossing. Our family stays there quite a bit when visiting. Ask for a newer building that is air conditioned. Most have private pools. If you have young kids and want to do the downtown experience, Howelsen Lodge is a really fun choice. Some condos have views of the Yampa River and Howelsen Hill (gorgeous) and you're walking distance to all of the shops and restaurants. Downtown is quite happening in the summer - the ski mountain area (about 4 miles away) is very serene and a little less busy. I'm fairly certain that if you book through Pioneer Ridge management company, they give you free passes to the downtown pool which is gorgeous with really fun water slides (my kids love it). If you're looking for a quieter sit by the pool experience, the mountain condos are your best bet. There are so many great options up there - it really is hard to make a bad choice. Just google the various management companies and you'll find a huge array of prices and options. Prices are always gentler on the pocket book in summer rather than in winter. Oh and have a blast in Steamboat! We all moved here for the winter, but stayed for the summer (17 years and counting).

9. Re: Advice for Summer weekend visit, family lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 12, 2014