We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay

Which Steamboat Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Loveland, Colorado
reviews: 44
where to stay

Hi, my husband and I are going to steamboat for a weekend get a way. He boards, I do not so here is what I am looking for. Somewhere with ski in ski out access. Comfortable accomadations that I can hang out in while he hits the slopes with possibly a gym to use. Any suggestions would be appreciated, there are just so many options, condo type thing would be our choice but dont want to spend a fortune. Looking in the 200 a night range.

Steamboat Springs...
reviews: 83
1. Re: where to stay

Lots of places. I suggest you contact Steamboat Central reservations, get some recommendations and then come back to the board and we would be glad to comment on possible choices.

A few of my favorites for ski in ski out are Edgemont, The Sheraton and Bear Claw. Close by a short walk is The Steamboat Grand that has a semi slope side storage facility.

Just for your info, ski in ski out is limited but with the free bus system and possibly using the base overnight ski storage, don't limit yourself since you might save some money.

Cheers

Edited: 5:02 pm, January 10, 2012
Dublin, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
reviews: 93
2. Re: where to stay

In the $200 a night range I don't believe you will get anything that is true ski-in ski-out maybe some of the older buildings on the Christie lift side. Edgemont is beautiful but don't remember a gym there. Trailhead Lodge is connected by its own gondola and has excellent amenities but I believe even studio would be more than $200/night. Their sister property First Tracks across the parking lot (it is a big lot) would fit the budget and I believe you have access to Trailhead.

Loveland, Colorado
reviews: 44
3. Re: where to stay

So forgetting the ski in ski out where would a romantic cozy option be?

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Steamboat Springs
reviews: 30
4. Re: where to stay

You may want to consider the Steamboat Grand - they have everything you are looking for but across the street - not cheap. You could also look at Eagleridge Lodge or Trappeur's Crossing properties - they will have everything that you are wanting but will be less expensive since they aren't ski-in/out. Depending on when you are wanting to travel to Steamboat, finding options less than $200 a night may be difficult since you are wanting a property with a fitness center. You could just look at properties in your price range and then when your husband is up skiing, go to Health and Rec downtown which has a full workout facility as well as natural hot springs pools - soaking and lap.

California
reviews: 14
5. Re: where to stay

see if Ptarmigan House has a studio available or Torian Plum 1 bedroom. you can search via steamboatresorts.com or call them as they are the property managers, 800-525-5502

6. Re: where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, March 05, 2013