We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer accommodations help requested

Which Snowmass Village hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
reviews: 7
Summer accommodations help requested

My extended family is coming together for a big Aspen wedding this summer. Some functions in Aspen town, wedding at Roaring Forks. What we are finding, however, is that lodging is much more affordable if we stay in Snowmass. We probably need to rent 4-5 two and three bedroom condos, and with a spectrum of spending abilities within our group, cost is an issue.

Through a rental agent, we are currently looking at 3 properties: Crestwood Condos, Top of the Mtn, and Villas at Snowmass Club. I am wondering what those of you familiar with Snowmass in the summer think of these places with respect to location, proximity to shops, bus stops, etc. We are also a big spectrum with respect to age: 13-80. Would love to give the teens some independence, and the seniors some easy access. We will have some cars, but of course our teens and early 20's can drive rentals. We would also like a place with some common areas where the roughly 15-20 of us could sit and drink coffee, wine, etc. Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,

Sarah

Colorado
reviews: 72
1. Re: Summer accommodations help requested

Each unit varies so it is hard to speak to individual units but all of these are fine places.

Villas at Snowmass Club are by the golf course, which is below the two core areas in SV Base Village and the Mall. There are shuttle buses to take people around SV that are free. The area feels open due to golf course and it being in more open part of valley, there are bike trails, walking trails.

Top of Village (I am assuming that is what you meant) is at top of series of parking lots above the mall. It is a short but steep walk back up to condo but there will be lots of dining choices within walking distance, which is nice with a big group. The condos open out onto the ski run, which has great bike trails, amazing disc golf course, and hiking. Nice. On THursday evenings you can walk down the hill to big name free concerts.

Crestwood is close to the new Vicerory and the dining there and it is walking distance to surface lift that connects Base Village and mall. There are a couple places to eat at Base Village and more at mall.

Each has different amenities. If you are going to spend lots of time driving back and forth to Aspen, I might pick Villas just for ease of getting in and out. If you are going to hang out in SV, I would try Top of Village.

Seattle
reviews: 7
2. Re: Summer accommodations help requested

Thanks so much for your response. We have already booked accommodations, and decided to "split the diff", so to speak, and booked at the Crestwood. We were able to get great rates, and get the variety of condos we needed, e.g. 3 bedroom vs 1 bedroom vs 2 bedroom etc. We have 4 families, ages 5-78, staying in 5 different units, and hope it all works out!

Regards,

S

3. Re: Summer accommodations help requested

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, May 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Snowmass Village