We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfalls hikes during mid-September

Which Ouray hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, USA
reviews: 3
Waterfalls hikes during mid-September

I will do some easy hikes with my 3.5 year-old son such as Box Canyon Falls and Lower Cascade Falls. Would both falls' flow be very weak or tiny by that time of year, since I guess most of the water comes from the melting ice? Thanks!

Belleville, IL
reviews: 21
1. Re: Waterfalls hikes during mid-September

I would think Box Canyon Falls would be flowing most of the year. It is a pretty heavy flow and ice climbers climb it during the colder months. We were in Ouray in September a few years ago and all the waterfalls we say were still running. However, this year has been much drier and with less snow so I'm not sure what conditions would be like this year.

Houston, USA
reviews: 3
2. Re: Waterfalls hikes during mid-September

Want2travel-Thanks! Will definitely take my boy to Box Canyon Falls this time!!

3. Re: Waterfalls hikes during mid-September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 12, 2013