We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight Stop from Ouray to Park City, UT

Which Ouray hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chico, CA
reviews: 73
Overnight Stop from Ouray to Park City, UT

We will be traveling from Ouray to Park City, UT in June by motorcycle. I am looking for suggestions on the most scenic route and a suggestion as to where to stop overnight. Would prefer staying where we would be able to walk to dinner.

Thank you for your help.

Nederland, Colorado
reviews: 8
1. Re: Overnight Stop from Ouray to Park City, UT

You may want to post this is the Utah forum as your drive time in Colorado will only be a couple of hours.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 82
2. Re: Overnight Stop from Ouray to Park City, UT

From which direction will you be arriving in Ouray?

You could go west at Ridgway and proceed over Dallas Divide. Two options then...either go on to Norwood, Naturita, Paradox, Moab, Green River; or a little longer but more scenic IMO, 145 to Telluride and over Lizard Head Pass to Dolores, Dove Creek, Monticello, Moab etc.

Moab wouldn't be halfway, but if you made that your overnight stop you'd have time to explore SE Utah and a little of Arches NP before heading on to Park City the next day.

Chico, CA
reviews: 73
3. Re: Overnight Stop from Ouray to Park City, UT

Thank you for your reply. We will be arriving in Ouray from Durango. I have always wanted to see Telluride (we are from California), so I appreciate your suggestion, which sounds terrific. We did spend a couple of days in Moab several years ago and enjoyed the area.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 82
4. Re: Overnight Stop from Ouray to Park City, UT

You're welcome! I think you will love the ride from Ouray to Telluride/Dolores and then to Moab. I don't know the Moab area well enough to suggest lodging within walking distance of restaurants, but if you don't hear from someone, you could post on the Moab forum or do a forum search there. There's bound to be plenty of options.

5. Re: Overnight Stop from Ouray to Park City, UT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 21, 2010