We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New direct air flights from Oakland, CA and Phoenix, AZ

Which Montrose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montrose, Colorado
reviews: 10
New direct air flights from Oakland, CA and Phoenix, AZ

There are now direct flights between Montrose, CO and Oakland, CA and between Montrose, CO and Phoenix, AZ on Allegiant Air. Allegiant is a low cost carrier and won't appear on some travel search engines -- so it's good to know these exist. Under $100 roundtrip in most cases and only during the winter season for now.

5 replies to this topic
Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 55
1. Re: New direct air flights from Oakland, CA and Phoenix, AZ

Cool good info!

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
reviews: 185
2. Re: New direct air flights from Oakland, CA and Phoenix, AZ

I just checked their schedule and they only fly 2 days a week and only 1 flight each day so if you miss the flight you will have to find an expensive alternative. They also charge for all carry-on luggage and you have to pay for beverages and snacks. If it works for you, then it's a good deal. But if you have to pay for extra hotel charges or car rental fees to accommodate their schedule it may not be a great deal in the long run.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 112
3. Re: New direct air flights from Oakland, CA and Phoenix, AZ

I believe you can still have your "personal item" that fits under the seat without a charge, and in some cases it costs less to pre-book a checked bag than it does to pay for the carry on. There are some exempt items, too, such as mobility aids.

When I've flown recently, people seem to be really taking advantage of the carry on policies, bringing aboard bags that really don't fit. I'll be surprised if other airlines don't start enforcing carry on size/weight limits more strictly, or charging for carryons.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
reviews: 185
4. Re: New direct air flights from Oakland, CA and Phoenix, AZ

Good information about the bags. Yes, some folks really overdo the carry ons. When I learned that flight attendant's pay doesn't start until the door closes I knew they were happy to see fewer people coming up the ramp with their arms full of shopping bags, etc.

Hendersonville...
5. Re: New direct air flights from Oakland, CA and Phoenix, AZ

Hmmm! Well That's so"special"!! hahaaa!

Reply to: New direct air flights from Oakland, CA and Phoenix, AZ
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted