We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best runs

Which Keystone hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 43
Best runs

Going to Keystone in a few weeks - my husband and I are intermediate skiers and our friends are beginners. I've skied Breck, but we generally have only skied in the Midwest (though I found the Midwest to be more challenging because of the crappy snow and ice). Does anyone have recommendations for greens and blues that will have less traffic? Also, any blacks that you would consider easy blacks that will be groomed and wider?

My second question is access to the North Peak. I'm looking at the trail map and it looks like Mozart is the only blue down to the North Peak gondolas, but I've also read that Mozart is over crowded and terrible. What are our alternatives? Is Diamond Back actually easier than Mozart? If we try to ski North Peak, is there a chance we'd get stuck in a place where it'd be really hard to get down, given that we're not used to skiing on real mountains?

Thanks!

12 replies to this topic
Denver, CO
reviews: 40
11. Re: Best runs

One more thing, Diamond Back is great with good snow and if recently groomed. It is not a scary or steep black. If it was groomed and there was new snow I highly recommend it. The Ruby Chair will be empty until the end of the day when everyone is heading back so if Diamond Back looks good, you can do it a couple times with no lift wait.

Milwaukee
reviews: 1
12. Re: Best runs

It sounds like you are very familiar with the runs at Keystone. I have skied Snowmass for the past 15 or so years. We usually start at Elk Camp, move over to Alpine Springs and do High Alpine in the afternoon. Some other days we will ski hte Burn. Any ideas on equivalent slopes at Keystone to the ones that I list at Snowmass?

Reply to: Best runs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted