We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Ski Trip. Help Needed!

Which Keystone hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
reviews: 5
First Ski Trip. Help Needed!

It will be our first ski trip (4 nights) with family and friends. All four adults and two kids (6 and 7) are first time skier. We will be staying in Lakeside Village beside the Snake River. Here is our plan: First, we will go to ski school in Keystone. We want to try tubing as well. Then we would like to drive around to visit Frisco, maybe ski one day in Breckenridge, or Copper Mountain... Among Keystone, Breckenridge and Copper Mountain, which one is the friendliest one for beginners?

In terms of the ski school, I checked on line. It seems there are two schools in Keystone. One in Mountain House and one in River Run. Which one should we pick?

Any suggestions for our plan (ie where to go, where to eat, what to play, what to see, etc) would be appreciated! Thank you!

Edited: 10:21 am, February 05, 2014
Texas
21. Re: First Ski Trip. Help Needed!

Thank you, Andee110!

Delavan, Illinois
reviews: 46
22. Re: First Ski Trip. Help Needed!

Pick the vehicle that you would feel most comfortable driving back home. You're not going to be off-roading, and if the road is ice-covered, not even 4-wheel drive is really that helpful. Now, if you want my suggestion for the best vehicle in icy conditions, it is the Subaru Impreza with its All-Wheel Drive. But I don't know that you can request a specific car.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 54
23. Re: First Ski Trip. Help Needed!

<<Subaru Impreza with its All-Wheel Drive. >>

Funny I was cursing mine on Saturday. It is my first winter with it, no where near as good as my previous all wheel drive SUV.

Have a great time. I skied Keystone Sunday, fantastic, best skiing conditions in years!

Delavan, Illinois
reviews: 46
24. Re: First Ski Trip. Help Needed!

Whatchagonnado? Maybe Illinois ice is different than Colorado ice? :(

Since, NewMom Texas is going to be driving in Colorado, maybe you should tell her what model SUV you used to drive.

Texas
25. Re: First Ski Trip. Help Needed!

We just got back from our ski trip. The trip was wonderful! Thanks to everyone that helped me! I will post a trip report later.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 54
26. Re: First Ski Trip. Help Needed!

Great, we look forward to hearing about it!

27. Re: First Ski Trip. Help Needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 22, 2015