We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want a rental near a lift - any recommendations?

Which Keystone hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
reviews: 6
Want a rental near a lift - any recommendations?

It looks like we'll be going to Keystone in February (assumed Breck at first, but it sounds like the skiing is a better fit for us at Keystone). It'll be my wife and I, and our 14 year old son and 14 yr old nephew. Based on our skill levels (solid intermediates, based on northern Michigan skiing), we will be skiing mostly on blues and greens. It would be great for us to find a 2 bedroom rental near a lift that would take us to runs in these categories. Even just a suggestion on what part(s) of the mountain we should consider would be helpful. We've never been to Colorado, so any guidance on location suggestions would be great. Thanks very much.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 51
1. Re: Want a rental near a lift - any recommendations?

There are 2 base areas. River Run and Mountain House. They are about 5-10 min walk apart. I prefer to ski out of Mountain House base, it is less crowded and typically less $$$ Plus you do not have to ski home on the crazy busy River Run "run" (That is me, I dislike that run ). The other thing about River Run is that units size varies greatly, even within the same bldgs. The condo complexes are all really close together. To me I'd ask about view and sq footage. There are restaurants right there.

The closest to the Lifts at Mountain House base are. Know that Mtn House base condos are more spread out than at River Run.

Slopeside only studios and one bedroom, covered parking, shared hot tub Next door are Chateaux DuMont nicer, large units though no covered parking some have private hot tubs, No community pool/tubs Essentially the same location

Next are Ironwood Townhouses, Large multi level townhouses with really tiny garages. ( A Suv will not fit ) Some have private hot-tubs, no community pool-tubs.

Key Condos studio - 3 bedrooms, Shared hot-tub and indoor pool. Covered parking. Essentially the same location. Of these the closet to River Run.

Know that the free shuttle system is pretty efficient so you could stay further away if you'd like without too much trouble. I also like the little lake area but nothing really close by for dinner other than the Keystone Lodge and Spa.

In years past Keystone has offered a 4 day lift pass in early fall. I doubt it would be good for Pres Weekend if that is in your plans otherwise it is a great deal!

Edited: 1:03 pm, August 12, 2013
Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 51
2. Re: Want a rental near a lift - any recommendations?

Sorry just reread the 2 bedroom criteria. That counts out Slopeside.

Keystone, Colorado
3. Re: Want a rental near a lift - any recommendations?

If you are looking for Ski-in and Ski-out, Lone Eagle and Timbers are the only "True" buildings that fit this criteria. They are also the most pricy and luxurious. If you want to be able to get to the lifts with a 1 minute walk and still have excellent accommodations, but at about half the price of Lone Eagle and Timbers, then Consider Chateaux Du Mont, Red Hawk and The Springs. The best deals are generally found on VRBO.

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
reviews: 20
4. Re: Want a rental near a lift - any recommendations?

I would look at Red Hawk.

Matt

Michigan
reviews: 6
5. Re: Want a rental near a lift - any recommendations?

Thanks for helping me narrow down the search. Great information.

6. Re: Want a rental near a lift - any recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 28, 2014