We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keystone wedding in early June

Which Keystone hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 8
Keystone wedding in early June

Does anyone have any experience with weddings in Keystone in June? My husband and I are going to a wedding in early June at the Keystone Ranch Golf Course. Wondering how cold it might be, in terms of what to plan on wearing, and also wondering if anyone has any recommendations for whether to stay at the Hotel and Lodge or in the River Run condos? Any advice most welcome!

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
reviews: 22
1. Re: Keystone wedding in early June

Here is a link to temps for June 2012 in Keystone

accuweather.com/en/…

Was a little warmer in my opinion last year than usual. Early june can be a little of everything. A few years back, it was raining with clouds in the early stages of the summer (felt like the pacific northwest), can be sunny in the low 60's.

I would plan to wear something for the low 50's (depending on the time of day), with something you can throw on if getting brezzy or windy.

Hotel & Lodge- do you mean the lodge and spa vs River Run?

Keystone is pretty quiet in the summer unless there is an event going on, so expect it to be slow.

Condos around the Lodge & Spa will be closer to Golf Course. River Run is newer but condos typically smaller than the older ones built around the lake.

I would choose one around the lake with a nice view of the Lake.

Try Lakeshore condos, Willows, Lakepoint...try for a room higher up, make sure overlooks the lake.

Matt

New York City, New...
reviews: 8
2. Re: Keystone wedding in early June

Thanks so much, Matt, that's really helpful. Yes, I did mean the Lodge and Spa. If I understand you correctly, you think condos rather than the hotel/lodge itself are better? We will have a car, so that's not much of an issue.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 54
3. Re: Keystone wedding in early June

Agree with Matts suggestions of staying in the Village area on the lake. Really pretty in summer. Argentine is another complex with great views. I like them because they are right on the lake but further from the main rd.

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/colorado/northwest/keystone/keystone-village-arg?sort+by=Bedrooms%2fAscending will give you an idea of the condos

Keystone does a great job with weddings! When in June? If the lifts are not yet running for summer activities, yes it will be quiet but once the lifts run again it is very festive. Lots going on especially on weekends.

Weather is hard to predict though evenings think cool weather not summer.

Sydney, Australia
4. Re: Keystone wedding in early June

the hotel will be much more expensive than the condo's

I would suggest that you look at renting the condo's through the owners- it will be much cheaper directly with the owner for the same thing.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 54
5. Re: Keystone wedding in early June

True Cassey, VRBO and Criaglists for owner direct

http://rockies.craigslist.org/vac/

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
reviews: 105
6. Re: Keystone wedding in early June

Getting back to the wedding question. My girlfriend had her wedding at Keystone Ranch in early June a few years ago. It snowed and was in the 30's. So, keep an eye on the weather and be prepared for anything ;-)

7. Re: Keystone wedding in early June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 25, 2014