We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

skiing during spring break

Which Keystone hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beaumont, Texas
skiing during spring break

Planning on a trip during spring break. Just wondering from some of your experiences what kind of wait times for lifts we can expect. Unfortunatly with kids still in school only time we are able to go.

14 replies to this topic
Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 51
11. Re: skiing during spring break

Hi, just curious if I have to eat my hat?

Colorado
reviews: 3
12. Re: skiing during spring break

We skied Keystone about 50 days a year with my kids when they were younger (starting as 2 year olds), and NEVER were we allowed to use a shorter line for families with small kids. I have never heard of this. Must be something new??? But, if they put all of the families with kids in one line, that will certainly make the lines for us adults much shorter :)

Houston
reviews: 9
13. Re: skiing during spring break

As someone who has lived and worked in Keystone for years, I can say that I have never been in a lift line longer than 20 minutes. This only happened once in the last 6 years. Having skied many areas across the U.S., Keystone consistently has MINIMAL lift lines. A normal lift line on a peak weekend is less than 5 minutes. None weekend lines, even during spring break, are rare.

Naples, Florida
reviews: 1
14. Re: skiing during spring break

I have skied Keystone and Breck during spring break for many years. If you stay on the mountain lodge side you are good. We also tend to get up early if we want to do any river run runs and then around 10am head back to mountain lodge. We are a family of 5 and stay at Chateau. We take the kids out of school 2 days early and have them do lesion prior to the made rush. Most kids do lessons on Sun/mon/tue so we try and do Sat/Sunday. Midweek, we head to breck and stay at the hyatt and lines can be longer at the base but witht the kids we get out early and then stay up on the mountain.

Reply to: skiing during spring break
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted