We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

skiing during spring break

Which Keystone hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beaumont, Texas
skiing during spring break

Planning on a trip during spring break. Just wondering from some of your experiences what kind of wait times for lifts we can expect. Unfortunatly with kids still in school only time we are able to go.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
reviews: 99
1. Re: skiing during spring break

Lift lines will be some of the longest of the year. From my experience, crowds around spring break are worse that xmas/NYE.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 54
2. Re: skiing during spring break

Spring Break is busy. If you go with Keystone try and stay at the Mountain House base, much less crowded than River Run. Rare that there is a line even at the busiest times of day.

Condos that are very convenient to the lifts are:

Moderatly Priced: Slopeside Condominiums ( there is a complex with this name though many condos also say slopeside in their description )

Can't get any closer but only studios and one bedrooms. Shared hot-tubs. Garage. No pool.

Higher Priced: Next door is Chateau DuMont, essentially the same location they are bigger and more $$$. Most have private in-door hot-tubs. No pool or covered parking.

Closer to River Run

Higher Priced: Ironwood Condos, these are more like town homes, large, multi level with tiny privates garages. Some have private outdoor hot tubs.

Moderately Priced: Key Condos, essentially the same location as Ironwood

Studios - 3 bedrooms. Outdoor hot-tub, in-door pool and Sauna.

Of these the closest to walk over to River Run.

There are many others but these 4 offer great locations. I'd hurry and get lodging soon, many place are already taken for the peak spring break week.

Beaumont, Texas
3. Re: skiing during spring break

Thanks for the help. We ended up booking a house as our group is now rather large. I was just worried about 30min to 1hr lift wait times

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
4. Re: skiing during spring break

Are you staying in Keystone? If you are taking the shuttle go to the Mountain House base. If you have to wait more than 5 min I will eat my hat.

Beaumont, Texas
5. Re: skiing during spring break

Yes, we are staying in Keystone. I normally drive to the lift as wife gets very car sick in the shuttles, and we waited to long to get ski-in and out, so will just pay and park at Mountain House. Thanks for the info. I sure hope you dont have to eat the hat. haha

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
6. Re: skiing during spring break

Thanks Tex! BTW There is a close free lot at Mountain House Base though if your staying on the west end you have to go around to Gondola rd to get to it.

Follow the signs to the Medical Center. Or pay and not worry!

Wheat Ridge...
reviews: 5
7. Re: skiing during spring break

Spring break happens at different times for different schools. They're spread out from early March to the middle of April. So, its not as if everyone will be there at once during your week. I really don't think you will see 30 minute lines, let alone an hour. Its been years since I've been to Keystone, usually Breckenridge, Copper or Winter Park. And almost always on weekends, but I've never ran into hour long lines, even on the busiest days.

Pennsylvania
reviews: 52
8. Re: skiing during spring break

I am no expert on Keystone, having only been there once (Dec. 2012), but I have one tip to share about the River Run gondola. There is a special line for families with young children (our son is 9). Even when there was hardly any line at all for the gondola we were encouraged to use the line reserved for ski school, North Peak dining options, and families. We were advanced to the head of the line each time we used it. We could hardly believe how sweet that was. At first we thought it may only be a weekend perk, but they also passed us through on weekdays too. I am not sure what other lifts offer this perk, but this made the base of River Run very attractive.

Colorado Springs...
reviews: 1
9. Re: skiing during spring break

With car, when lift lines are lomg on weekends at Spring Break time, I take the I-75 to Copper Mopumtain and the CO to the US 24, north of Leadville, and take the US 24 to Ski Cooper, at the Tennesse Pass. Short lines, laid-back atmosphere and some of the least expensive tickets. From Keystone, drive takes about an hour.

Terrain is everything from Beginners to short expert runs, the majority of runs being intermediate. But at least, you get to ski and not wait in lines. Great views of Presidential Range.

Arapahoe Basin is part of the Keystione resort. Less wait times, but generally more challenging skiing.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
10. Re: skiing during spring break

<<<There is a special line for families with young children>>>

First I have heard of this. Unless it is part of Kidtopia weeks I'd not count on it.