We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Arugam Bay

Which Arugam Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
reviews: 31
Airport to Arugam Bay

Can I get advice on the best way to travel to Aragum Bay from Colombo Airport, including details of times and alternate methods.

Thanks Ross

23 replies to this topic
pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
11. Re: Airport to Arugam Bay

Last week the first flight came into Mattala airport, which is good news for those wishing to arrive on the east coast near A-Bay instead of Colombo. The trip across from coast to coast by coach would be a very good way of seeing the interior particularly if you break it up a few days at a time. But with Mattala now you dont have to do it twice. I am now waiting on details of who will be flying from Singapore to Mattala. I understand there are a few names popping up including SilkAir. My money is on Tiger.

Cheers Ross

Perth, Australia
reviews: 1
12. Re: Airport to Arugam Bay

Hi Ross

I had a few searches online and could find anything on those flights yet... who do you think will fly out of KL? Cheers Rafa

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
13. Re: Airport to Arugam Bay

I would think that it depends on how the take up with the new airport at Mattala goes. I would imagine that Air Asia must be looking and watching. The schedule for flights as I understand it is from March so there should be something around now particularly Promo fares, but I agree there's nothing online yet.

Cheers Ross

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
14. Re: Airport to Arugam Bay

Rafa this just came in on another thread :

"18th March, 2013 has been decided.

To be the official opening of Mattala A/p.

To be known as HIA.

Unclear is who will fly into it.

Air Asia, the world's most dynamic airline has just withdrawn all their flights to & from Sri Lanka.....

Their last flight will be 26/ Febr./ 2013 from CMB to KUL."

So that probably leaves Tiger or Scoot although I would think that Silk would have the running.

Cheers Ross

New York City, New...
15. Re: Airport to Arugam Bay

Hi Ross

i hope you had a lovely time in Sri Lanka!

i m planning a trip there myself for this coming summer.(havent plan the date but will be somewhere around August since i will be in china from 18/7 til 1/9). i m planning to spend couple of days near horton's plain and adam's peak and couple of days near Arugam bay so i can surf a little. are there any surf board rentals near Arugam bay? my hiking trip will limit the amount of stuff i can carry. and which hotel did you stay at?

if there is any other tips you can give me?? thank you so much

cheers!

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
16. Re: Airport to Arugam Bay

Sorry Katherine I haven't been yet !! I was thinking August but now I will be in Denmark so SL will have to wait until probably september. Hopefully there will be budget carriers going into the new airport at Mattala by then from the east.

Cheers Ross

Aspen, Colorado
reviews: 2
17. Re: Airport to Arugam Bay

Thanks for the heads up Ross! My wife and I will be traveling from Colombo to Arugam beginning of May 2013 we wont be using Bliss tours!

Ljubljana, Slovenia
18. Re: Airport to Arugam Bay

hi

is there any news about this bus line?

mm

Ljubljana, Slovenia
19. Re: Airport to Arugam Bay

hi,

what is up with this over night Aircon bus? does it operate? tnx, by

20. Re: Airport to Arugam Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, August 30, 2013

Reply to: Airport to Arugam Bay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted