We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

denver and RNMP with an infant

Which Grand Lake hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
denver and RNMP with an infant

I am planning a 3 day trip to denver and RNMP, with my wife and 8 month son. We will be arriving at denver on July 26th night and departing on July 30th morning. Could someone suggest me a good itinerary? We wish to cover scenic drives and small rustic towns. I have seen great reviews about about the trail ridge road. Is is advisable with an infant?

Littleton, Colorado
reviews: 53
1. Re: denver and RNMP with an infant

A three-day trip would be ideal to explore RMNP from either the Grand Lake or Estes Park side. With a small baby, I can imagine you'd rather stay put in the same hotel and take shorter day trips, which is ideal for this area. You'd better try to reserve lodging now because it is high season there and you may have to call quite a few places. Try this website to narrow down available lodging in Estes: http://estesparkcvb.com/lodging.cfm (maybe Grand Lake has a similar website as well)

There's no reason you can't take the baby up on Trail Ridge Road - he'll probably sleep anyway! A short drive up to high altitudes is no more risky for infants than for adults. If he seems fussy, his ears might have "popped," so have a bottle handy to relieve the pressure.

RMNP will have all the scenic drives you'd want, as well as getting there and back! A good route from the airport or Denver is I-25 north to Hwy 34 west through Loveland which takes you through the Big Thompson Canyon - easy and pretty drive. Coming back to Denver, you can go Hwy 36 through Boulder, which would be a nice stop for lunch or dinner. It's no more than 90 minutes either way. Hope you have a great trip!

2. Re: denver and RNMP with an infant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:30 am, August 16, 2009