We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for 1 day in Golden?

Which Golden hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
reviews: 47
Itinerary for 1 day in Golden?

Hello, I'll be visiting Golden in late October as I am considering moving there. I only have 1 day there... What are some must-see places (restaurants, outdoors, etc) that would give me the best overview of the town?

Thank you

5 replies to this topic
Genesee, CO
reviews: 44
1. Re: Itinerary for 1 day in Golden?

I live very near Golden in Genesee (but my address is Golden). Are you planning on living in the actual town? If so, I would just head downtown for one day and walk around and see what speaks to you as far as restaurants and get a feel for it. There are a few casual restaurants all around downtown. I can't think of one restaurant that "wows" me. Just depends on what you like.

If you want a taste of recreation/scenery in the area, probably would check out the Golden recreation center to see what is there, and maybe take a ride up into the Golden Gate Canyon area. With one day to check out where you are thinking of where to live, imagine you might want to also squeeze in some looking at real estate ...

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 61
2. Re: Itinerary for 1 day in Golden?

Golden is Coors and if you do not go on the brewery tour you will miss out on the towns main tourist attraction. It is a nice town tucked in a valley between a couple of large buttes/mountains and Lookout mountain. If you have the time go up the back road to the top of Lookout mountain and get a birds eye view of Golden and see Buffalo Bills museum and grave.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 92
3. Re: Itinerary for 1 day in Golden?

in addition the Colorado Railroad Museum is there. Enjoy it's a lovely area we really enjoyed our drive there.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
4. Re: Itinerary for 1 day in Golden?

Definitely check out the main street. I think Golden is great, we thought hard about moving there a few years back. Great access to outdoor adventures. Instead of Coors, which is a HUGE manufacturer of beer check out http://www.gcbrewery.com/ to me craft beer is more reflective of Colorado.

I like Golden Gate State Park too but if your short of time perhaps a hike at jeffco.us/parks/… Mount Galbraith Park

http://visitgolden.com/ might give you ideas too

Columbus, Ohio
5. Re: Itinerary for 1 day in Golden?

Thanks, everyone! Your suggestions are very helpful.

Reply to: Itinerary for 1 day in Golden?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted