We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cedar lodge or holiday inn express?

Which Glenwood Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Niles, Illinois
reviews: 57
cedar lodge or holiday inn express?

Coming mid June for 3 nights to Glenwood springs. Has anyone been to both of these hotels? pros cons? $105 cedar lodge per night vs. $136 holiday inn. Is the Holiday inn worth the extra $30 night? Looks like both have outdoor pools, hot breakfast at holiday inn, continental breakfast at cedar.

Thanks for your thoughts. We are vacationing with our 14 year old daughter.

7 replies to this topic
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
reviews: 178
1. Re: cedar lodge or holiday inn express?

I've not stayed at either. I've stayed at Comfort Inn & Suites, the Antlers Best Western and the Hampton Inn and would recommend all of those. Did you read the reviews on TA for the ones you are looking at?

Edited: 12:05 pm, May 26, 2014
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
2. Re: cedar lodge or holiday inn express?

Cedar Lodge on TA - tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33446-d487742-… 145 reviews

Holiday Inn Express on TA - tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33446-d223320-… 137 reviews

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 95
3. Re: cedar lodge or holiday inn express?

in the past we've stayed at Cedar Lodge twice and loved it. Both times it was $75/$80 for a two bed, two adults and two kids and so always affordable. Maybe it's gone up (?) or you have a diff. sized room. I do see they updated their site as well so possibly the rates upped too. Usually Cedar Lodge fell about half price of anything else in town and was a great bargain! (maybe still is). They have a beautiful setting and while off a busy road it doesn't feel that way particularly if you're straight back all the way in the center rooms. They have wonderful mature grounds, helpful and attentive staff, clean rooms, suitable/good breakfast, two pools (indoor/outdoor) and more. We always come back to this location when we stay in Glenwood Springs.

Niles, Illinois
4. Re: cedar lodge or holiday inn express?

Thank you so much for your reply. I had looked at the reviews but still couldn't make up my mind. Friday and Saturday the price is $110 night, otherwise Sunday-thurs is $80. The $105 is a combo of both and includes the 11% tax.

I think we'll go with Cedar Lodge. Thanks so much for your help!

Niles, Illinois
5. Re: cedar lodge or holiday inn express?

Thanks for your input Susie, I did read the reviews but couldn't make up my mind. Did you mean the Quality Inn? I couldn't find a Comfort Inn in glenwood springs.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 95
6. Re: cedar lodge or holiday inn express?

another perk is the grill out there and picnic tables. It's an absolutely lovely option to have and to enjoy the grounds. The rooms aren't brand new and up to date fashion wise but that has never bothered us as long as it's clean and nice. There are pictures with the reviews to help you. They were out maintaining the levels in the pool when we were there and asking of our stay they're just really attentive, helpful and friendly staff we've found. Enjoy your stay there!

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
7. Re: cedar lodge or holiday inn express?

mary, it was the Quality Inn, and so long ago that things may not be the same. Here's my review - tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g33446-d8506…

Guess since they are in the same chain I got them confused. And I'm glad that you read the reviews for the two hotels you are considering. Sometimes I feel like people just take the shortcut of asking first - I shouldn't presume that's always the case. I always have had a good time in Glenwood, I hope you and yours do too.

Reply to: cedar lodge or holiday inn express?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted