We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot Springs Lodge new management?

Which Glenwood Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
reviews: 16
Hot Springs Lodge new management?

Has the Hot Springs Lodge changed management recently? We've enjoyed the place for years- our favorite way to end a camping trip- but found that they've changed to 2 night minimum stays for every day (not just weekends) for most of June, all of July and half of Aug, which is a bummer (at $250 for the cheapest room even with a AAA discount, that's too much for us). Also, when we did try to reserve last week, we got put on hold twice and each time someone would answer and then hang up the phone. We thought that was an accident the first time it happened. Just wondering what's up.

1 reply
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
reviews: 162
1. Re: Hot Springs Lodge new management?

I'm sure the change in number of minimum nights is due to the popularity of the pool - supply and demand - and the fact it underwent a multi-million dollar renovation in 2012. There are plenty of other places to stay within walking distance to the pool. The Ramada Inn is to the west across the street and is running an $89 special if you mention you saw it on the Chamber's web page. http://www.visitglenwood.com/deals

Hotel Colorado is right across the street also and next to the Hot Springs Lodge. I've stayed at the Hampton Inn which is really nice, the Best Western Antlers and also Quality Inn & Suites. All the places a little further away but I'm assuming you will have a car since you mention the end of a camping trip, however the Antlers does have a shuttle that will take you to the Amtrak station which is right across the pedestrian bridge from the pool.

Reply to: Hot Springs Lodge new management?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted