We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any camping at hanging lake?

Which Glenwood Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Thornton, Colorado
any camping at hanging lake?

I have 3 kids under 9 years old I don't think they would make it up and back in the same day. Can we camp up there or is it not allowed.

4 replies to this topic
1. Re: any camping at hanging lake?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:40 am, April 29, 2014

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
reviews: 180
2. Re: any camping at hanging lake?

Hi, Welcome to TripAdvisor. There is no camping at Hanging Lake. Here's a good link to some more info about the hike. A big thank you goes out to the Boy Scouts for maintenance they do on the trail. http://www.hikingincolorado.org/hang.html

For a complete list of hiking trails in the Aspen/Basalt/Carbondale area (all not far from Glenwood) check out this link - …usda.gov/activity/…

Perhaps one of these trails would be more enjoyable for you and your sons.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 106
3. Re: any camping at hanging lake?

Thanks for confirming that, SusieLou. I had posted that there was no camping but then couldn't find anything to verify my initial "gut reaction," so removed the post. I know it's a very fragile area.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
reviews: 180
4. Re: any camping at hanging lake?

Ooops, just reread the original posting and realized that it said children, not sons. Sorry.

Reply to: any camping at hanging lake?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted