We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glenwood Springs in March?

Which Glenwood Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Somerville...
reviews: 1
Glenwood Springs in March?

I am considering going to Glenwood springs from Boulder the last week of March, Tuesday-Sat. Main purpose of the trip would be to go to the hot springs resort, although I might check out Aspen/Vail (for shopping/browsing) and Sunlight Mt for skiing. I hear the driving can be treacherous, and also that this is spring break weekend.

Fortunately, I would be heading west on Tuesday and coming back east on Saturday AM.

Does it make sense to book a room if the driving might prohibit me from going? I am used to ice/snow, but not driving in the mountains, and don't like winding/steep dropoffs. Will be in a rental car and am not the best driver out there..

Also, what's the weather likely to be like, temp wise?

Thoughts?

1 reply
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 205
1. Re: Glenwood Springs in March?

Glenwood is a great spot although four nights would be a long time there. Maybe break it up with a stop in Breckenridge, Vail, etc. I wouldn't sweat the roads too much. It's a 4-6 lane interstate highway. And while it does a few mountain passes, it's pretty straightforward and well maintained. Yes, you could hit snow. Just make the call on what you do at that time. You can't plan for it.

Glenwood does book up so you want to have a reservation. Check cancelations policies to see if you can get out of it day of arrival if you have a snow issue. The Pullman is our favorite restaurant.

Have fun.

Reply to: Glenwood Springs in March?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted