We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destination Wedding

Which Fort Collins hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Collins, CO
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Destination Wedding

My fiance and I live here in Fort Collins, but a lot of our family and friends will be coming from all over the country for our wedding. I am just trying to do some pre-planning to make traveling and lodging as stress-free as possible for our guests.

We don't have a venue for the wedding yet, but it will definitely be somewhere in the mountains (I'm looking in to Red Feather Lakes) or somewhere up the Cache La Poudre River.

My question for anyone who knows that area well, is, are there any great B&Bs or cabins along the river that would be able to accommodate our guests? I don't really want everyone to have to drive to and from Ft. Collins and I would love for them to be able to stay right on the river and experience why we love this place so much! There won't be more than 50 guests (AT MOST).

Obviously, we'd like it to be affordable and charming.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Cheers,

Emily

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
7,583 posts
108 reviews
1. Re: Destination Wedding

There is a lodging list for Poudre River and Red Feather Lakes at this link. I noted the links to the various lodging establishments do not all work so do a search if that happens. There are reviews for several of the places here on TA.

coloradomountainvacation.com/places-to-stay.…

Not on the above list and not on the river but a place you should check out is

http://www.beavermeadows.com/home/

You might be able to find enough cabins in the vicinity of each other in the Crystal Lakes/Red Feather Lakes area either on vrbo or through

http://www.redfeathervacationrentals.com/

For the convenience and multiple lodging and dining options for reunion type gatherings and weddings, I would choose Estes Park over Poudre Canyon and Red Feather Lakes. Your "dining" choices and I use the word loosely are extremely limited in Poudre Canyon and Red Feather Lakes. There is also no cell phone service in most of the canyon. I love Poudre Canyon/Red Feather Lakes as a day trip or overnight stay, but most of the lodging/dining choices are not what most people would associate with a wedding destination.

Estes Park can be very busy and crowded at times (June 20- August 20) in particular, but at other times, you can have RMNP virtually to yourself.

2. Re: Destination Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, November 25, 2014