We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Factory tours

Which Durango hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 44
Factory tours

Are there any factory tours available for families? We enjoy learning about local products and have taken many tours in our travels. I'm particularly interested in the chocolate factory but also wonder about any others. Thanks.

6 replies to this topic
Tyler, Texas
reviews: 69
1. Re: Factory tours

James Ranch has a pay tour and I think a self guided tour. We found the tour to be quite interesting

http://jamesranch.net/tours/

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
reviews: 19
2. Re: Factory tours

In Grand Junction the Enstrom Toffee candy factory gives tours. Their toffee is the best ever!! I send it all over the country as gifts every Christmas. In Montrose there is a Russell Stover candy factory, not sure if they do tours.

I know neither of these are in Grand Junction where you are, but may be of use in the future.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 83
3. Re: Factory tours

Just north of Durango, you might check out the Honeyville store. It isn't really a tour, but they have a glass beehive and some explanation about the processing of their honey products. (The activity of the bees is dependent on the season of the year, of course)

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 83
4. Re: Factory tours

Here are a few other options...I haven't taken any of these tours so can't tell you more about them, but you could check out any of interest:

thegardenprojectswcolorado.org/site/Farm_Tou…

https://www.facebook.com/OConnellOrganicAcres

www.adobehousefarm.com/about/farm-history/

durangodowntown.com/blog/organic-tradition-f…

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
reviews: 19
5. Re: Factory tours

Just caught my typo ~ I know these things are not in DURANGO where you are. Not Grand Junction.

reviews: 44
6. Re: Factory tours

Thanks. Guess we're coming at the wrong time of year for most of these suggestions. :-(

Reply to: Factory tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted