We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in the Downtown area

Which Durango hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Roswell, New Mexico
reviews: 19
Hotels in the Downtown area

What are the names of DT hotels that are within walking distance of dining, drinking, & entertainment? I want to have some cocktails w/o driving. Also, is there a bus that travels to downtown from other hotels?

1. Re: Hotels in the Downtown area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:17 pm, September 25, 2013
Tyler, Texas
reviews: 75
2. Re: Hotels in the Downtown area

Hotels only or hotels and motels Downtown trolley goes all the way out to Iron Horse.

For convenience...Palmer ,Strater or Roosevelt...the 1st two on Main with the Strater housing the famous...and fabulous Diamond Belle Saloon. Roosevelt on Second..right downtown but likely to be quieter....train runs behind Main with whistles starting at 5:30 am

http://www.durangogov.org/index.aspx?NID=348

Edited: 3:32 pm, September 25, 2013
hudson valley
reviews: 4
3. Re: Hotels in the Downtown area

Highly recommend the Rochester. It is on 2nd so one block off the main drag. And just across the street from Cypress and a wine bar. Within several blocks of many bars and restaurants.

More of a hotel than a B&B but has wonderful breakfasts.

Tyler, Texas
4. Re: Hotels in the Downtown area

I don,t know why I said Roosevelt. I meant Rochester. Thanks Natthecat

Roswell, New Mexico
5. Re: Hotels in the Downtown area

Either hotel or motel. Staying October 11 and 12. Also, brewery and great pizza. Thank you.

Tyler, Texas
6. Re: Hotels in the Downtown area

That,s a quiet time. I would arrive and decide on the spot.look at the reviews here. We really enjoyed Carvers Brewery...enjoyed a beer ( I don,t know beer) and food. Went 3 times in a month. We brought home some root beer!

Fired up for pizza

Edited: 8:25 pm, September 25, 2013
Durango, Colorado
reviews: 16
7. Re: Hotels in the Downtown area

Best Western Rio Grande Inn is probably a little cheaper than the ones listed above. Block from the train and about 2 blocks from most restaurants, easy walkability. Hand down the locals favorite is Steamworks. Happy hour Friday 3-6 u call it local brews all $2. Try the Steam Engine Lager. Great Pizza too.

If Strictly pizza -best in town Homeslice.

Roswell, New Mexico
8. Re: Hotels in the Downtown area

Thanks all. Booked the Rochester. First time in Durango. Used to fish lemon and vallecito. Always camped. Looking forward to the visit as I love Colorado towns.

9. Re: Hotels in the Downtown area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, September 28, 2014