We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Durango Diary

Which Durango hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
5,861 posts
105 reviews
Durango Diary

We arrived in Durango yesterday after stops in Taos and Pagosa Springs, We got into our condo early with the help of the manager,

Walked down to the Diamond Belle and REALLY enjoyed their happy hour.

Today has been a food day. Stopped at Durango bagel for a bag of day old bagels for the freezer. Shopped at City Market. Went up the road to Honeyville for some whipped honey and James Ranch for lunch ( good hamburger), meat and cheese, ( talked to Jennifer who gave us the tour last year and runs the garden), stopped at the veggie stand (high school parking lot) for corn and peaches Somewhere in there we walked to Magpies for coffee, Think we will go back to Durango coffee for our daily fix.

For Durangolover,,,Ken and Sues is still closed,,,sign says "open next month",,guy was staining the door.

Polo store is closing!!

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
8,808 posts
131 reviews
1. Re: Durango Diary

Sounds like your visit is off to a good start!

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Durango Diary

Love reading about your Durango experiences; you're giving me great ideas for my visit in late September.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
21,033 posts
344 reviews
3. Re: Durango Diary

Sounds like you are having fun!! Thanks for posting.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Durango Diary

I'll be checking for updates. We'll be there in 31 days, but who's counting :) Have a great time!

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
5,861 posts
105 reviews
5. Re: Durango Diary

After walking down third st to look at the houses we ended at Durango Coffee and a nearby ...guess what...a shoe sale! Remember that there is plenty of free parking on third AND you get to see the houses.

The Visitor Center on Main now has wonderful scrolling schedule in the window so it needs checking! We missed a garden tour this morning

Tootey..any questions?

PeachBelle we are going to Gouldings, Monument Valley on Monday...any thoughts?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
21,033 posts
344 reviews
6. Re: Durango Diary

Do the tour for sure and don't drive your car on the road. We had a nice lunch at Gouldings Lodge. We also enjoyed the John Wayne museum there. Take the southern road there by way of 4 corners monument and Kayenta, AZ and take the northern route back up thru Utah.

Hope you have a nice visit. The scenery is amazing!!

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
5,861 posts
105 reviews
7. Re: Durango Diary

Should read third avenue!

Edited: 3:47 pm, August 23, 2013
Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
5,861 posts
105 reviews
8. Re: Durango Diary

PeachBelle. We have a sunset tour scheduled. I was coming and going the opposite routes..any advantage?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
21,033 posts
344 reviews
9. Re: Durango Diary

No does not matter- it was just the way we decided to go. We were ready to head back to our hotel after a long day and it seemed the route up thru Utah was a bit faster.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
5,861 posts
105 reviews
10. Re: Durango Diary

I think I like your idea

Durango,to Mancos for breakfast at Absolute Bakery then 4 corners then MV, sunset tour

Overnight at Gouldings

MV to Bluff for lunch to Durango