We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any rafting?

Which Durango hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana USA
reviews: 1
Any rafting?

Coming into Durango on Wednesday. Any rafting on the lower Animas or is the water too low? Thanks.

6 replies to this topic
WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 82
1. Re: Any rafting?

If you don't hear from someone actually in Durango right now...I'm going to guess there's rafting...I checked the Facebook pages for a couple of the raft companies and they don't say anything about not having trips. And the mountains have been getting some rain.

Good luck!

Baton Rouge...
reviews: 6
2. Re: Any rafting?

We'll be in Durango late September. I spoke to someone today abt rafting today...July is an excellent time to raft in Durango. Have fun.... would love to be there but we're waiting for fall foliage. We're from Louisiana too!

Louisiana USA
reviews: 1
3. Re: Any rafting?

Thank you.

Tyler, Texas
reviews: 64
4. Re: Any rafting?

…allaboutrivers.com/Colorado/…1

Go to Animas River...then Durango town run.. You see today it is 456 ,just above the minimum but doable...makes for a gentle run...did this ast year with 4 and 8 yr olds and they loved it

5. Re: Any rafting?

If you're still in Durango, we are definitely still rafting the Lower Animas here at Mild to Wild! It is a mild trip with a lot of Class I "moving water", a couple Class II splashes and a Class II+. We are running trips in rafts, inflatable kayaks and on paddle boards. And, as it was pointed out, we have been getting rain which has brought the water levels up quite a bit in the past couple weeks. Let us know if you would like to get out on the river!

Tyler, Texas
reviews: 64
6. Re: Any rafting?

See you later in the month!

Reply to: Any rafting?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted