We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Engagement Spot in Durango?

Which Durango hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Engagement Spot in Durango?

Coming to Durango in November and seeking a memorable spot to get engaged at?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

23 replies to this topic
Southwest
reviews: 36
1. Re: Engagement Spot in Durango?

The Strater Hotel is a beautiful spot, or along the Animus River, you can't go wrong with most places in Durango.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 85
2. Re: Engagement Spot in Durango?

I'm not sure when the winter train trip to Cascade Canyon starts, but if that is running, that would be a memorable experience. Or book one of the premium cars on the Polar Express run and see if Santa would deliver your message!

San Diego...
3. Re: Engagement Spot in Durango?

I love both ideas. What about certain locations on the Animas, maybe next to the river or even overlooking the river. Never been there so really dont know of any certain spots.

Tyler, Texas
reviews: 70
4. Re: Engagement Spot in Durango?

Look left on this page...see things to do click ... go to 'tours "click.

Call one ot more of these local tour companies and ask them to take you to a special place up in the hills. i am sure this is not the first time they have had this request. We liked the folks at Mild to Wild

San Diego...
5. Re: Engagement Spot in Durango?

You know whats funny. I took your advice and called some local Durango tour companies and three of them said "they do not know as they never had that request"!

Pretty funny. So I am still open to ideas.

Tyler, Texas
6. Re: Engagement Spot in Durango?

Sorry about that! But i do have another idea...

Call the Strather hotel above and ask if the caariage ride is operating while you are there or can they help you arrange it

Tyler, Texas
7. Re: Engagement Spot in Durango?

Or during an activity at Trimble Hot Springs

http://www.trimblehotsprings.com/

San Diego...
8. Re: Engagement Spot in Durango?

Not sure if you or anyone on here has done the train to Silverton on the Narrow Gauge Railroad but I am thinking about that idea as well. They said the views are amazing and they make several stops. I could do on one of the stops on this train ride?

Tyler, Texas
9. Re: Engagement Spot in Durango?

You need to study the Durango Railroad website..google it.

I don,t think it runs to silverton this late in the season....that,s what other posters have been suggesting..it is now the run to Cascade or after Nov 16 it is the Polar Xpress. Again call them..helpful ladies on the phones

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 85
10. Re: Engagement Spot in Durango?

Yes, that's what I was suggesting in post #2, but you'll have to find out whether one of the rides would work for you when you are there. I have not done the winter trip, so can't suggest a particular point on the ride suitable for "popping the question."

But I like Felschurch's idea of the carriage ride. Even if it isn't operating regularly at that time, carriages often do special bookings.

Reply to: Engagement Spot in Durango?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted