We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summit county in December

Which Dillon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lacygne, Ks
reviews: 55
Summit county in December

My husband and I have visited Summit county quite a few times in the summer (and love it) but have never been there in the winter. We are thinking about coming out the first week of December for 3 days. What activities could we do other than ski(have never done it and at our age, don't plan to start now). We hike and bike in the summer. Any suggestions? We will be staying at Dillon. Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
reviews: 20
1. Re: Summit county in December

Frisco- Two Degrees Below Zero (Dinner sleigh ride with musical entertainment)

Breck- ride gondola (Free)

Walk main st. (Frisco & Breck)

Keystone- ride the lift and eat at Alpenglow Stube (high end)

hike- probably some popular places are fairly packed down (go to end of Boreas Pass Rd. in Breck, at end park...walk past gate and up the road, great overlook of Breck

check Summit Daily when here for activities

snowmobile ride

Matt

Thibodaux, Louisiana
reviews: 6
2. Re: Summit county in December

I can definitely second the gondola at Keystone and dinner at top( i believe there are two restaurants), but the ride alone is great. There is also tubing on mountain, however its pretty steep. Walking around village is nice too.

If you fell for Dillon during the summer, you will love in winter. It's magical. I hope you are renting a place with a view of Lake. We keep returning to a place at Pointe Dillon on VRBO, absolutely perfect view.

Snowmobiling is great too, I think it's White Mountain, will pick you up at City Market in Dillon. Awesome ride to top of Continental divide.

Reply to: Summit county in December
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted