We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a bunch of ??? from denver first timer! thanks for help

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boca raton, fl
reviews: 17
a bunch of ??? from denver first timer! thanks for help

hi! my first time in denver and i'm going with my 15 yr old. landing dinnertime and would like to go into the city for dinner, but stay kind of near airport for flight the next day (within half hour drive of airport).

renaissance looks half way? can't tell. would prefer a 4 star/nice hotel with amenities like a pool or spa. any ideas?

is it an hour from denver airport to city center or longer?

thanks.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 232
1. Re: a bunch of ??? from denver first timer! thanks for help

Depending on traffic/time of day, it's 35-45 minutes from car rental to downtown. The Renaissance is at the old airport, a bit over halfway. I wouldn't classify it as four star but it's very functional. I think it has a pool - not 100% sure. Sounds like you are renting a car? The rental cars are all off airport and it's a bit of a time consuming affair both leaving the airport to the cars and returning the next day. I like to cut it close but would never arrive at the rental car less than 90 minutes before departure.

What time is your flight the next day? If you're arriving at dinnertime are you really going to have time to enjoy the hotel? If you want a nice hotel, think about staying downtown at the Teatro, Monaco, etc.

Have fun.

boca raton, fl
2. Re: a bunch of ??? from denver first timer! thanks for help

thanks for responding...rental cars seem like a pain. i think its worth it to just spend more on taxis?

we arrive at 5pm. my daughter is meeting friends at the airport the next morning for an 11am flight. then i'm back to the hotel and leaving the next day at 7am.

so we want to have dinner in city, but not be far from airport for flights. is there a better midway hotel than renaissance?

New York City, New...
reviews: 10
3. Re: a bunch of ??? from denver first timer! thanks for help

Embassy suites on Quebec st is about half way point or there are some nice hotels on tower rd, near the airport. All these have free shuttle to the airport. I have stayed at the tower rd hotels ( Hiton brands & Marriott brands) in the past they are all nice. Every week Mon to Fri my work takes me to Denver and I stay at the Embassy suites on Quebec st and almost every evening I go to Denver downtown 16th st mall, it's a walking st and has plenty of restaurants. If you are coming on the weekend then there is no traffic to downtown.

New York City, New...
reviews: 10
4. Re: a bunch of ??? from denver first timer! thanks for help

Sorry I meant Embassy suites on 4444 N. Havana, Denver, CO

Not Quebec The Renaissance is on Quebec.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 54
5. Re: a bunch of ??? from denver first timer! thanks for help

I think the Embassy is in a rather sketchy area. I'd rather see you at the Renaissance or the holiday Inn on quebec.

Edited: 12:04 pm, July 09, 2012
boca raton, fl
6. Re: a bunch of ??? from denver first timer! thanks for help

tthank you so much for the help!

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 94
7. Re: a bunch of ??? from denver first timer! thanks for help

Aloft is a good hotel. It is right at I-70 and Pena blvd. So a little closer to DIA but pretty convenient to get downtown.

starwoodhotels.com/alofthotels/…

I would recommend renting a car. Denver is a easy city to drive in and it would save you a lot of money between taxi ride to the airport and downtown. A taxi from the airport to downtown is about $60 one way.

8. Re: a bunch of ??? from denver first timer! thanks for help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, July 11, 2013