We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denver Weekend Trip

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arizona
reviews: 11
Denver Weekend Trip

I'm thinking about doing a weekend trip in April, mainly because I've been wanting to see the zoo. Does anyone have recommendations to centrally located hotels under $100? Also, any recommendations on must see sights? I'll have 2 full days and part of Sunday.

I appreciate any advice!

Colleen

Bend, Oregon
reviews: 5
1. Re: Denver Weekend Trip

There are some downtown hotels that can be had for less than $100 though they may not be fancy. There is the Executive Tower and sometimes the Adams mark has deals. Sounds like the Executive Towers has just undergone renovation which may improve it a bit and it's in a really convenient location. There are a couple of Bed & Breakfasts in the downtown area too. You could find a room at Castle Marne for less than $100, I think.

Trinidad, Colorado
reviews: 21
2. Re: Denver Weekend Trip

Colleen,

There are many hotels on the south end or north end of Denver off I-25 that are less expensive than downtown. Or hotels near I-70 and Golden (west Colfax) will get you near the foothills. If you are going to the zoo then go next door to the Natural History Musuem. If you are here during baseball season you might think about a Rockies game. Hope this helps.

Colorado
reviews: 8
3. Re: Denver Weekend Trip

Try the Holiday Inn or the Warwick, both are nice but fairly reasonable for the downtown area.

Colorado, USA
reviews: 1
4. Re: Denver Weekend Trip

Try the Oxford--an old elegant hotel close to shopping and dining in Lower Downtown Denver. Nearby is the art museum (their 5th floor is one of my favorite place on earth), the mint, the capital, etc. It is also convenient to busses and light rail that can take you to the zoo. The zoo, by the way, is next door to the museum of nature and science.ev

Williams, Arizona
reviews: 17
5. Re: Denver Weekend Trip

The Denver Mint is interesting, also enjoy the natural history museum, the aquarium, an avelanche hockey game if into hockey, the old Molly Brown house, the 16th St mall down town,and the zoo. The Doubletree hotel is a nice hotel as well as the Adamsmark. Those are the only 2 I have stayed at.

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
reviews: 48
6. Re: Denver Weekend Trip

Do your research on www.biddingfortravel.com and find out what hotels Priceline uses in the part of Denver where you want to stay. Biddingfortravel.com will also list the *level of each hotel. Then read the biddingfortravel.com forum and see what $ people are bidding to get the hotels you would be interested. You'll save a lot over the hotel's rate, and you'll be staying in a much better place. Priceline doesn't use dumps, and if you bid on a 3* or 4* in a particular part of town and the bid is accepted, that's what you'll get; they don't move you or change the *level.

Westminster...
7. Re: Denver Weekend Trip

Do the Zoo & Natural History Museam (IMAX) on Friday or Saturday.

On the other day goto Boulder or Rocky Mountain National Park (Estes Park) or Colorado Springs / Pike's Peak. Both are easy day trips with about 2 hours driving round trip.

On your partial-Sunday, you can do 16th St. Mall in Denver.

If you're into shopping, there are outlet malls South of Denver (Castle Rock, ~25mins), North of Denver (Loveland, ~30mins), and Silverthorn in the Mountains (~2 hours) not to mention other malls in and around Denver, Cherry Creek for starters.

Avalance tickets are impossible to get unless you pay an arm and a leg from a scalper. Rockies tickets are easy and cheap, and they're in town for 2 weekends in April 2006. The SF game might be harder to get good tickets for.

There are TONS of great restraunts in and around Denver for dinner. There's a bar/club scene in the downtown area if you're into that also.

It would help to let us know what you like to do and we can give you more exact details or advice.

Boulder, Colorado
8. Re: Denver Weekend Trip

Yes, Boulder would be a great trip to take. In downtown Boulder, pearl street has been turned into a wonderful pedestrian area with shopping, dining and street entertainers. It is worth the 20 mile drive north. Boulder is up against the hills that are made wonderful with the large rock structures called the Flat Irons. It is a town that is not to be missed even when your schedule is tight. You won't regret it.

Colorado, USA
9. Re: Denver Weekend Trip

If you go to Boulder, include the Celestial Seasonings tour in your itinerary--and it's free!